2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
cabby7588
All-Star
Posts: 2970
Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
Contact:

Post by cabby7588 »

Oshie is an unrestricted FA in like 2 years now, yikes. I don't know about this one, I wish he would have played this year, but I guess it's the right choice.

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Post by stlmark »

cabby7588 wrote:Oshie is an unrestricted FA in like 2 years now, yikes. I don't know about this one, I wish he would have played this year, but I guess it's the right choice.
No Cabby he's not. Explain your thinking. Please

User avatar
cabby7588
All-Star
Posts: 2970
Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
Contact:

Post by cabby7588 »

stlmark wrote:
cabby7588 wrote:Oshie is an unrestricted FA in like 2 years now, yikes. I don't know about this one, I wish he would have played this year, but I guess it's the right choice.
No Cabby he's not. Explain your thinking.
Gimme a min I'll look into it. (I don't do drugs)

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Post by stlmark »

cabby7588 wrote:
stlmark wrote:
cabby7588 wrote:Oshie is an unrestricted FA in like 2 years now, yikes. I don't know about this one, I wish he would have played this year, but I guess it's the right choice.
No Cabby he's not. Explain your thinking.
Gimme a min I'll look into it. (I don't do drugs)
Ok Cabby =D> :lol: I trust you don't do drugs

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I'm not certain, but I believe this is the last season that the Blues can control Oshie's rights without him signing.

He can go back for his junior season, but if for some crazy reason he returned to UND for a senior year, we wouldn't have the exclusive rights to him.

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Post by stlmark »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:I'm not certain, but I believe this is the last season that the Blues can control Oshie's rights without him signing.

He can go back for his junior season, but if for some crazy reason he returned to UND for a senior year, we wouldn't have the exclusive rights to him.
Oh boy, now I'm a little worried. I'm definetly not a expert on holding the rights on players, but now that's 2(yourself and Cabby) that say we could lose him if we don't sign him in the next year or 2. With that said, I'm 100% sure that he will be a Blue after next year or at the end of next season.

User avatar
thrill
bronoun enthusiast
Posts: 30539
Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Location: barely online

Post by thrill »

I'm ticked. He should have gone pro.

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Post by stlmark »

thrill wrote:I'm ticked. He should have gone pro.
I'm so with ya thrill. I wanted Oshie to wear the Bluenote in 2007-08! :evil:

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18727
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Post by cardinalkarp »

No Oshie next year :cry:

Has Johnson made his decision yet, I thought he was supposed to make it before playoffs start. I've got a feeling we'll be getting the same news as above. :?

Swatcat27
All-Star
Posts: 1830
Joined: July 25 06, 12:58 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Post by Swatcat27 »

More worried about EJ...hope he joins the Blues and we will have some D-man to trade for a scorer or too.

Post Reply