4-27 Post Game Thread

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Post Reply
User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Post by haltz »

It's not that Wilson struck out, I can live with that. But apparently all you have to do is throw the guy sliders low and away and he'll wave his bat three times and then sit down.

That, and the rest of the inning, and the other parts of the game. Now I just need to go see if I can find some spackle.

Leeyat
All-Star
Posts: 1287
Joined: August 10 06, 7:57 am
Location: Taipei, Taiwan

Post by Leeyat »

TimeForGuinness wrote:
Leeyat wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:Time to go get drunk.
Good for you, man! I can't, it is 11:15 am now, just don't know how to spend today! :D
Spend it drunk!
You are not serious, are you, brother?

=D> =D> =D>

Joe Wells
All-Star
Posts: 1329
Joined: April 6 07, 6:59 pm

Post by Joe Wells »

stlmark wrote:
Joe Wells wrote:I just looked at Yahoo's box score. 20 LOB for the Cards. 20. 7 for Kennedy.
:shock: That's unfrackinbelievable! :evil:
I should qualify. That's not the total left on at the end of an inning. That's the cumulative total that all of the batters fail to drive in. But still.

As for drinking- I've had a couple of lovely beverages already. Back to the fridge.

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 20007
Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm

Post by TimeForGuinness »

Leeyat wrote:
TimeForGuinness wrote:
Leeyat wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:Time to go get drunk.
Good for you, man! I can't, it is 11:15 am now, just don't know how to spend today! :D
Spend it drunk!
You are not serious, are you, brother?

=D> =D> =D>
Totally serious!

User avatar
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
Posts: 23718
Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Location: Chicago

Post by G. Keenan »

haltz wrote:It's not that Wilson struck out, I can live with that. But apparently all you have to do is throw the guy sliders low and away and he'll wave his bat three times and then sit down.

That, and the rest of the inning, and the other parts of the game. Now I just need to go see if I can find some spackle.
I swear I knew exactly what he was going to throw him in that count. I said, Preston, don't swing at that junk down and away.

But noooo.

Leeyat
All-Star
Posts: 1287
Joined: August 10 06, 7:57 am
Location: Taipei, Taiwan

Post by Leeyat »

Joe Wells wrote:As for drinking- I've had a couple of lovely beverages already. Back to the fridge.
I envy you, man!

User avatar
jdk82
All-Star
Posts: 2881
Joined: April 4 07, 8:58 pm
Location: Iowa

Post by jdk82 »

I think we should sign Wilson and Eckstein to multi year deals while their stock is down.

User avatar
obucard
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 8179
Joined: April 18 06, 11:04 pm
Location: Central AR

Post by obucard »

Elphie15 wrote:On the bright side... TFG and I are still naked.
Together?

User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38623
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Post by sighyoung »

jdk82 wrote:I think we should sign Wilson and Eckstein to multi year deals while their stock is down.
It's fallen, and it can't get up!

User avatar
stretch
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3966
Joined: May 8 06, 8:26 pm
Location: Joplin, MO

Post by stretch »

I've been ready to DFA Wilson from the second we signed him.

Call up Ludwick.

Post Reply