Posted: June 5 07, 11:26 am
The Rams at 22? Not cool, Cabby.
A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
https://gatewayredbirds.org/forum/
Bears are a weird team. They don't compare to the Colts, Pats, Chargers I don't think, but they are in the NFC, so they have an amazing chance to make it back to the Superbowl (and lose.)pop_haines wrote:Nice job, cabby.
My only 'hmm' moment is that Da Bears seem
kinda high in the rankings.
The other ten guys on the return unit are going to have to learn how to block for returns if Hall is going to do any good.Cronos69 wrote: Dante Hall who, while some of the Chiefs fans might argue is a shadow of his former self, is still the best kick return/punt return player the Rams have had since '99, and if Dick Vermeil's comments over some radio show are any indication, he may make a serious comeback from feeling sleighted by the Chiefs organization.
Outside of mental lapses with false starts which he really improved on as last year went along, Barron has been a solid to good players since day 1. There was never question of ability, it was all the false starts that got the fans down on him. His blocking ability/technique is very good, and if he eliminates the mental breakdowns pre-snap he'll have a long and successful career in the NFL.cabby7588 wrote:Curious...I don't follow the Rams TOO much...I know Pace is amazing (obviously) and Barron was a huge draft pick. How did Barron do last year? I heard he was kind of a disappointment out of the gate..Do you think he is a legit right tackle now? My cousin is a huge Rams fan and he was kind of down on Barron his first year or two, but I didn't hear how he did last year.ZigZagCardsFan wrote:I too think you're underestimating the Rams defense. I love how the mainstream media types discard the Rams acquisitions on defense.
James Hall is the best DE the Rams have had since Wistrom was going strong. He'll help against the run and the pass rush. Adam Carriker will probably make an impact right away and is a beast against the run. Claude Wroten will also push for starting time at DT. He's one of the biggest draft steals the Rams have gotten in a long time. LB is still a bit suspect but the addition of Chris Draft is a definite plus, even if he's the 4th LB. The secondary has question marks but Tye Hill and Ron Bartell played great in the second half of last season. Todd Johnson provides good depth.
The offense will be amazing this year. The patchwork line played great last season and the Rams have done a great job transitioning from an aging line to an infusion of youth. Pace and Barron are one of the best tackle duos in the league. With Drew Bennett and Randy McMichael involved in the passing game, this offense is going to be fun to watch.
I haven't really bought into the defensive 'improvements' they've claimed to have made over the past few seasons but this year I'm buying it. If the Rams don't make the playoffs, I will be very surprised.
That's good, nothing worse than a 1st round bust. Sounds a lot like a young version of Tarik Glenn. As the Colts left tackle he has solidified himself as one of the best tackles in the league, leading Peyton's blockers, but MAN can he have some false starts. We call him Tarik "false start" Glenn. He is a heck of a tackle, and resigning him this offseason will probably be impossible for the Colts, but even with his mental mistakes, he is going to be a pain to replace, because he's one heck of a player.ZigZagCardsFan wrote:Outside of mental lapses with false starts which he really improved on as last year went along, Barron has been a solid to good players since day 1. There was never question of ability, it was all the false starts that got the fans down on him. His blocking ability/technique is very good, and if he eliminates the mental breakdowns pre-snap he'll have a long and successful career in the NFL.cabby7588 wrote:Curious...I don't follow the Rams TOO much...I know Pace is amazing (obviously) and Barron was a huge draft pick. How did Barron do last year? I heard he was kind of a disappointment out of the gate..Do you think he is a legit right tackle now? My cousin is a huge Rams fan and he was kind of down on Barron his first year or two, but I didn't hear how he did last year.ZigZagCardsFan wrote:I too think you're underestimating the Rams defense. I love how the mainstream media types discard the Rams acquisitions on defense.
James Hall is the best DE the Rams have had since Wistrom was going strong. He'll help against the run and the pass rush. Adam Carriker will probably make an impact right away and is a beast against the run. Claude Wroten will also push for starting time at DT. He's one of the biggest draft steals the Rams have gotten in a long time. LB is still a bit suspect but the addition of Chris Draft is a definite plus, even if he's the 4th LB. The secondary has question marks but Tye Hill and Ron Bartell played great in the second half of last season. Todd Johnson provides good depth.
The offense will be amazing this year. The patchwork line played great last season and the Rams have done a great job transitioning from an aging line to an infusion of youth. Pace and Barron are one of the best tackle duos in the league. With Drew Bennett and Randy McMichael involved in the passing game, this offense is going to be fun to watch.
I haven't really bought into the defensive 'improvements' they've claimed to have made over the past few seasons but this year I'm buying it. If the Rams don't make the playoffs, I will be very surprised.
The thing is though, that a #22 ranking represents about a 7-9 record. The Rams should be improved somewhat and went 8-8 last year (and that's the record their run differential suggests -- 7.7 wins anyway).lazypenguin wrote:As for the Rams. Their defense is still awful and they are in a division where every team is improving greatly. A 9-7 record won't win that division anymore...
You know nothing about football. Mcgahee is not an upgrade, trust me im a bills fan. He is nothing but hype. Anthony Thomas didnt have problems running the ball when he was starting why does mcgahee get a slide? Mcghaee is better then Jamal Lewis by a little bit now because of age but mcgahee is always hurt and will never touch 2,000 yards....cabby7588 wrote:Seriously? The Ravens O-line is pretty damn solid lead by the best OT in the NFL, and McGahee is coming from an absolutley horrible line, and is about 5 years younger. Jamal Lewis isn't any good anymore, trust me, he was on my fantasy team two straight years. Jamal is brutal, and McGahee should be awesome behind this O-Line.thrill wrote:How is McGahee a more accomplished runner than Jamal Lewis?