Page 4 of 8

Re: Color blind

Posted: September 20 07, 3:13 pm
by Leroy
Cool, I'm not a freakshow like some of you.

Re: Color blind

Posted: September 20 07, 3:16 pm
by JL21
Michael wrote: You see the 2 if you are color blind, 5 if you aren't.
I see a 5 but it's pretty crappily placed.

I'm really intrigued as to how they get a 2 out of that.

Re: Color blind

Posted: September 20 07, 3:18 pm
by Leroy
Does anybody notice that when you quote those pictures, they get quite a bit lighter, or am I a freakshow after all?

Re: Color blind

Posted: September 20 07, 3:19 pm
by cardinalkarp
Leroy wrote:Does anybody notice that when you quote those pictures, they get quite a bit lighter, or am I a freakshow after all?
Freakshow!!


I'm intrigued as well how people would see a 2. What color is it?

Re: Color blind

Posted: September 20 07, 3:20 pm
by thrill
cardinalkarp wrote:
Leroy wrote:Does anybody notice that when you quote those pictures, they get quite a bit lighter, or am I a freakshow after all?
Freakshow!!


I'm intrigued as well how people would see a 2. What color is it?
You can't trust their answer as they are color blind.

Re: Color blind

Posted: September 20 07, 6:31 pm
by Cronos
Michael wrote:I'm starting to think I'm mildly color blind. I can see a little bit of both numbers:

Image
What?? I'm 99% certain I'm not colorblind in the least, but geeze. I see a 2, and only barely at that. In other words my educated guess if I didn't know the answer is that it's a 2.

If I really focus my mind on it I can see a 5, but it's kind of like the optical illusion with the cups.

Image

Re: Color blind

Posted: September 20 07, 6:52 pm
by Socnorb11
Cronos69 wrote:
Michael wrote:I'm starting to think I'm mildly color blind. I can see a little bit of both numbers:

Image
What?? I'm 99% certain I'm not colorblind in the least, but geeze. I see a 2, and only barely at that. In other words my educated guess if I didn't know the answer is that it's a 2.

If I really focus my mind on it I can see a 5, but it's kind of like the optical illusion with the cups.

Image

If you see a "2", then there's a good chance that you've got some color blindness issues. What makes you 99% sure that you're not?

For the record, I'm not picking on you, I just think it's more possible than you think that you could have at least partial color blindness.

Re: Color blind

Posted: September 20 07, 8:44 pm
by Leroy
Cronos69 wrote:What?? I'm 99% certain I'm not colorblind in the least, but geeze. I see a 2, and only barely at that.
Image

Re: Color blind

Posted: September 21 07, 11:02 am
by jim
Socnorb11 wrote:
Cronos69 wrote:
Michael wrote:I'm starting to think I'm mildly color blind. I can see a little bit of both numbers:

Image
What?? I'm 99% certain I'm not colorblind in the least, but geeze. I see a 2, and only barely at that. In other words my educated guess if I didn't know the answer is that it's a 2.

If I really focus my mind on it I can see a 5, but it's kind of like the optical illusion with the cups.

Image

If you see a "2", then there's a good chance that you've got some color blindness issues. What makes you 99% sure that you're not?

For the record, I'm not picking on you, I just think it's more possible than you think that you could have at least partial color blindness.
I know the answer to this question: Because he can see colors. By every test I am color blind, yet I see on my screen light blues and dark blues and reds and whites and greens and every other color.

The only time it has even come up in real life is picking out something for our house, maybe some oddball shade of some color that my wife assumes my answer of "Looks the same to me" is code for "Let's get the hell out of this store" when in fact it really does look the same to me.

Re: Color blind

Posted: September 21 07, 11:07 am
by Cronos
It's just a bit ambiguous in my case because I've done tests like this before and have never had problems with it(and not only recently, either) and this is the only test I've ever had an issue come up. Yes, I can see the 5 if I look at it for a few seconds. A slightly mishappen 8 or a 2 is the first thing pops to mind, though.

I doubt the test's validity a bit is all I'm saying. Not that it's supposed to be the be all end all of color blindness tests.