Oscar Taveras
- Swirls
- gone fission
- Posts: 8299
- Joined: December 11 07, 4:15 pm
- Location: South Korea
Re: Oscar Taveras
That quote could just as easily be talking about Matt Adams.
- themiddle54
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4524
- Joined: August 24 10, 2:49 pm
Re: Oscar Taveras
Indeed. Including: "The pitch recognition is there. He's got the package to be an outstanding big league hitter. "
- InvincibleCakeEater
- GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster
- Posts: 28275
- Joined: October 12 07, 12:28 pm
- Location: Raptured
Re: Oscar Taveras
Good thing Taveras is 4 years younger and doesn't have to be a great, not just good, hitter to provide value.
I am coming around a bit on Adams, but he's a DH, so...
I am coming around a bit on Adams, but he's a DH, so...
- Swirls
- gone fission
- Posts: 8299
- Joined: December 11 07, 4:15 pm
- Location: South Korea
Re: Oscar Taveras
So the simple solution is for the NL to allow the DH.
-
Fat Strat
- Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
- Posts: 28010
- Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
- Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List
Re: Oscar Taveras
Even more simple: Play him at 2b. What Would Tony Do?Swirls wrote:So the simple solution is for the NL to allow the DH.
Last edited by Fat Strat on July 22 11, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: Oscar Taveras
If Albert leaves, Adams can just as easily play first and second at the same time.
- Swingingbunt
- All-Star
- Posts: 2904
- Joined: April 4 08, 9:49 am
- Location: Indianapolis
Re: Oscar Taveras
Then they can have Skip and Theriot share the SS zone. It's genius I tell you....GENIUS!
-
Fat Strat
- Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
- Posts: 28010
- Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
- Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List
Re: Oscar Taveras
then you can play with just 2 OF'ers -- Holliday and Berkman, obviously, because of their range. Ground ball staff! Has Shelby learned a sinker yet?Swingingbunt wrote:Then they can have Skip and Theriot share the SS zone. It's genius I tell you....GENIUS!
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: Oscar Taveras
He gave an interview to Slaten, I believe, where he said something like 'No I don't pitch to contact. I try to strike every batter out. My thought process is throw a perfect game; once that can't happen, my goal is to throw a no-hitter; once that can't happen, my goal is to throw a shut out; once that can't happen, my goal is to win the game'Fat Strat wrote:then you can play with just 2 OF'ers -- Holliday and Berkman, obviously, because of their range. Ground ball staff! Has Shelby learned a sinker yet?Swingingbunt wrote:Then they can have Skip and Theriot share the SS zone. It's genius I tell you....GENIUS!
-
Fat Strat
- Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
- Posts: 28010
- Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
- Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List
Re: Oscar Taveras
Kids never gonna make it with that kind of attitude.



