Mizzou football '13
- JL21
- NPR & THT Contributor
- Posts: 36109
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
- Location: Chocolate City
Re: Mizzou football '13
They look incredible so far. Of course, it's still very early.
- cardsfansince82
- is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
- Posts: 27776
- Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
- Location: at the gettin' place
Re: Mizzou football '13
God, what a terrible penalty to let them back in the game. Gotta keep executing offensively.
- JL21
- NPR & THT Contributor
- Posts: 36109
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
- Location: Chocolate City
Re: Mizzou football '13
They're on pace for 570 yards, on the road, in the SEC, against a pre-season top 25 team (SI poll). And winning 30-7 at the half.
- cardsfansince82
- is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
- Posts: 27776
- Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
- Location: at the gettin' place
Re: Mizzou football '13
This isn't Mizzou's best team but I think it might be the deepest. A whole lot of quality receivers, running backs and D linemen. I hate the 3-3-5 but they were still getting pretty good pressure out of it. Michael Sam has been a maniac so far. I would still like to see a little more concerted effort to get DGB involved. He kind of has the tendency to disappear when he is just a guy rather than the primary guy and no one else can match his physical abilities. Great game though.
- JL21
- NPR & THT Contributor
- Posts: 36109
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
- Location: Chocolate City
Re: Mizzou football '13
BUT THEY AREN'T DEEP ENOUGH FOR THE SEC.
- JL21
- NPR & THT Contributor
- Posts: 36109
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
- Location: Chocolate City
Re: Mizzou football '13
I had written off the UGA/Carolina/Florida gauntlet as three losses. But if they play like that against those teams, I could see 1 or 2 wins.*
*huge "if"
*huge "if"
- BigDCardlvr
- All-Star
- Posts: 1548
- Joined: May 19 06, 11:54 pm
Re: Mizzou football '13
I'm thinking all three personally, but I'm a complete homer and totally biased toward the Tank and the Tigers, so obviously I'm not thinking straight. Hopefully GA doesn't wake up after their struggle against Tenn and Florida has pulled some out that maybe a well played Tiger game could turn on both of them. To be honest, I'd be happy with one of the games in the W and thrilled if two fell our way. All 3... dare to dream!JL21 wrote:I had written off the UGA/Carolina/Florida gauntlet as three losses. But if they play like that against those teams, I could see 1 or 2 wins.*
*huge "if"
A hollow 25 ranking at this point, beat GA and open some eyes...
- BigDCardlvr
- All-Star
- Posts: 1548
- Joined: May 19 06, 11:54 pm
Re: Mizzou football '13
I'm thinking all three personally, but I'm a complete homer and totally biased toward the Tank and the Tigers, so obviously I'm not thinking straight. Hopefully GA doesn't wake up after their struggle against Tenn and Florida has pulled some out that maybe a well played Tiger game could turn on both of them. To be honest, I'd be happy with one of the games in the W and thrilled if two fell our way. All 3... dare to dream!JL21 wrote:I had written off the UGA/Carolina/Florida gauntlet as three losses. But if they play like that against those teams, I could see 1 or 2 wins.*
*huge "if"
A hollow 25 ranking at this point, beat GA and open some eyes...
- cardsfansince82
- is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
- Posts: 27776
- Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
- Location: at the gettin' place
Re: Mizzou football '13
I don't know whether that schedule did or didn't prepare them, but this is pretty awesome so far.
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: Mizzou football '13
Sure is. If only MU doesn't stupid there way into letting the Bulldogs back in the game.

