Page 4 of 46
Re: Mizzou football '13
Posted: October 5 13, 6:02 pm
by JL21
They look incredible so far. Of course, it's still very early.
Re: Mizzou football '13
Posted: October 5 13, 6:29 pm
by cardsfansince82
God, what a terrible penalty to let them back in the game. Gotta keep executing offensively.
Re: Mizzou football '13
Posted: October 5 13, 7:15 pm
by JL21
They're on pace for 570 yards, on the road, in the SEC, against a pre-season top 25 team (SI poll). And winning 30-7 at the half.
Re: Mizzou football '13
Posted: October 5 13, 8:45 pm
by cardsfansince82
This isn't Mizzou's best team but I think it might be the deepest. A whole lot of quality receivers, running backs and D linemen. I hate the 3-3-5 but they were still getting pretty good pressure out of it. Michael Sam has been a maniac so far. I would still like to see a little more concerted effort to get DGB involved. He kind of has the tendency to disappear when he is just a guy rather than the primary guy and no one else can match his physical abilities. Great game though.
Re: Mizzou football '13
Posted: October 5 13, 8:51 pm
by JL21
BUT THEY AREN'T DEEP ENOUGH FOR THE SEC.
Re: Mizzou football '13
Posted: October 5 13, 9:08 pm
by JL21
I had written off the UGA/Carolina/Florida gauntlet as three losses. But if they play like that against those teams, I could see 1 or 2 wins.*
*huge "if"
Re: Mizzou football '13
Posted: October 7 13, 8:36 am
by BigDCardlvr
JL21 wrote:I had written off the UGA/Carolina/Florida gauntlet as three losses. But if they play like that against those teams, I could see 1 or 2 wins.*
*huge "if"
I'm thinking all three personally, but I'm a complete homer and totally biased toward the Tank and the Tigers, so obviously I'm not thinking straight. Hopefully GA doesn't wake up after their struggle against Tenn and Florida has pulled some out that maybe a well played Tiger game could turn on both of them. To be honest, I'd be happy with one of the games in the W and thrilled if two fell our way. All 3... dare to dream!
A hollow 25 ranking at this point, beat GA and open some eyes...
Re: Mizzou football '13
Posted: October 7 13, 8:36 am
by BigDCardlvr
JL21 wrote:I had written off the UGA/Carolina/Florida gauntlet as three losses. But if they play like that against those teams, I could see 1 or 2 wins.*
*huge "if"
I'm thinking all three personally, but I'm a complete homer and totally biased toward the Tank and the Tigers, so obviously I'm not thinking straight. Hopefully GA doesn't wake up after their struggle against Tenn and Florida has pulled some out that maybe a well played Tiger game could turn on both of them. To be honest, I'd be happy with one of the games in the W and thrilled if two fell our way. All 3... dare to dream!
A hollow 25 ranking at this point, beat GA and open some eyes...
Re: Mizzou football '13
Posted: October 12 13, 11:26 am
by cardsfansince82
I don't know whether that schedule did or didn't prepare them, but this is pretty awesome so far.
Re: Mizzou football '13
Posted: October 12 13, 12:21 pm
by lukethedrifter
Sure is. If only MU doesn't stupid there way into letting the Bulldogs back in the game.