Page 4 of 67

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Posted: August 24 16, 12:31 pm
by Fat_Bulldog
Thanks Theo. That was a good read.

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Posted: August 24 16, 1:57 pm
by GeddyWrox
MrCrowesGarden wrote:Blues will announce Petro as the team's captain at a news conference tomorrow.
I'm good with this. I don't think Tarasenko has earned the C yet.

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Posted: August 24 16, 1:58 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
I think it's an easy choice. I would've been fine with either guy (or Schwartz), but Petro seems the more obvious captain.

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Posted: August 24 16, 2:28 pm
by TheoSqua
I really hope that this is the year Pietrangelo breaks into the consensus "elite" defensmen in the league. It's already happening in more serious hockey communities. That's generally the precursor for it becoming a well-known.

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Posted: August 25 16, 7:01 am
by Popeye_Card
I probably would have gone with Steen as the captain.
TheoSqua wrote:I really hope that this is the year Pietrangelo breaks into the consensus "elite" defensmen in the league. It's already happening in more serious hockey communities. That's generally the precursor for it becoming a well-known.
It is a bit crazy how little respect he earns. He's easily a top 10 defenseman and has been for years. But just look at this list. I understand that they are weighing offense more than they should, but 16th is insane. How many of the guys ahead of him would you be willing to trade him for straight-up?

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Posted: August 25 16, 7:14 am
by cards2468
Popeye_Card wrote:I probably would have gone with Steen as the captain.
TheoSqua wrote:I really hope that this is the year Pietrangelo breaks into the consensus "elite" defensmen in the league. It's already happening in more serious hockey communities. That's generally the precursor for it becoming a well-known.
It is a bit crazy how little respect he earns. He's easily a top 10 defenseman and has been for years. But just look at this list. I understand that they are weighing offense more than they should, but 16th is insane. How many of the guys ahead of him would you be willing to trade him for straight-up?
It's probably to cater to the fantasy leagues, in which Petro doesn't have great value.

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Posted: September 14 16, 2:28 pm
by GeddyWrox
LET'S GO BLUES!!!

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Posted: September 16 16, 11:32 am
by cardinalkarp
So I guess Sobotka broke his collarbone in the World Cup and has decided to retire. That was a nice comeback :x

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Posted: September 16 16, 12:54 pm
by Secret Weapon
Where did you hear that? Last I heard was he hurt his shoulder, but was just day to day. Though his return was in doubt due to his contract status.

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Posted: September 16 16, 1:06 pm
by cardinalkarp
Secret Weapon wrote:Where did you hear that? Last I heard was he hurt his shoulder, but was just day to day. Though his return was in doubt due to his contract status.
That's what my wife told me.