Page 31 of 347
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Posted: December 19 08, 9:35 am
by robbotis
AdmiralKird wrote:My Madden 09 DVD is kaput (crack about 1cm in from the center). It will cost me $20.50 to replace if I want to play it again

Nah, just join the class action suit that will soon be filed for Xbox knowingly shipping systems that destroy discs.
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Posted: December 19 08, 9:41 am
by clevername
I honestly don't see that suit doing much.
The system will damage discs if you move the system while it's on and a game is in the tray. The owner's manual clearly warns you against doing that. Honestly, who needs to move their system while it's on? This isn't a gameboy.
That's the majority of the damage claims. There will always be electronics that damage media, but there's an "acceptable" level of that and I imagine that's what MS will argue.
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Posted: December 19 08, 9:44 am
by Jocephus
clevername wrote:I honestly don't see that suit doing much.
The system will damage discs if you move the system while it's on and a game is in the tray. The owner's manual clearly warns you against doing that. Honestly, who needs to move their system while it's on? This isn't a gameboy.
That's the majority of the damage claims. There will always be electronics that damage media, but there's an "acceptable" level of that and I imagine that's what MS will argue.
sometimes my wireless adapter doesn't click on and register the signal, so i have to turn the console 90 degrees to unplug the adapter and put it back in (which fixes it), but it needs to be on so i can see the "green" light ...i have to turn the console because of the tv stand i have...but im always super slow and careful when i do...i hate moving it though
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Posted: December 20 08, 8:01 am
by Jocephus
Doctors fear a Wii knee epidemic
Playing too much tennis or golf on the computer could be bad for your health, doctors said yesterday as they predicted a rise in the number of "Wii injuries" over Christmas.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandte ... demic.html
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Posted: December 25 08, 11:42 pm
by Diddy
ok i just got internet at my home and am trying to hook up my ps3 to it wirelessly, its asking for the WEP key, wtf is that?
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Posted: December 26 08, 8:16 am
by ghostrunner
Diddy wrote:ok i just got internet at my home and am trying to hook up my ps3 to it wirelessly, its asking for the WEP key, wtf is that?
It's a password to your wireless network. If they set one up, it ought to be on your work receipt if they didn't tell you what it was.
If it's an open network that doesn't need a password, then you might need to change a setting on the PS3. I've seen devices not read the network correctly. Not sure what that setting would be though.
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Posted: December 26 08, 11:10 am
by Diddy
ghostrunner wrote: I've seen devices not read the network correctly.
thats what it was im up and running now.
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Posted: January 4 09, 8:25 pm
by Michael
If you have a HDTV, a good sound system and you don't hate electronica music you really should download RezHD on xbox live. It's easily one of the most unique gaming experiences I've ever had. At it's core, rez is a "on the rails shooter", but what's interesting is the game trance's music weaves your actions into the beat. The game is completely hypnotic. The 5th and final level completely blew my mind. Here's a gameplay pic:
- [SHOW]

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Posted: January 7 09, 10:40 am
by Jocephus
haltz...do you leave yer xbox on most of the day?
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Posted: January 7 09, 12:53 pm
by haltz
Jocephus wrote:haltz...do you leave yer xbox on most of the day?
Yeah, I constantly forget to turn it off. I'm sure that's really bad for it, but I'm useless when it comes to remembering stuff like that.