2011 NFL season

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by Michael »

Socnorb11 wrote:
Michael wrote:I pretty much agree, but I think he's a poor thrower, not fair. I will admit Tebow has been more effective than I thought he would be. Long-term I don't think the bronco's offense can be successful because his arm is so bad. I also don't think Tebow's play style will allow him to stay healthy.

I hear this a lot, but couldn't you say the same thing for any NFL running back?
Scrambling in the backfield is more prone to nasty tackles. Also, injuries to the wrist and fingers are much more detrimental for a QB.

Socnorb11 wrote:The accuracy is the biggest issue, by far. Maybe he can improve on that, maybe he can't. Better receivers would help, too. I read last week that the Broncos were among the leaders in the league in dropped-passes.
His arm strength and throwing motion is atrocious as well.

User avatar
TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart
Posts: 8950
Joined: April 22 06, 6:53 pm
Location: St. Louis
Contact:

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by TheoSqua »

cpebbles wrote:Colts win, but unless they win out the Rams have no chance of moving up to #1 because of a stronger schedule. The second half of the season has done nothing to change my mind about wanting to take Luck and let Bradford go.
I thought the Rams had a stronger sos? I was looking for a site to show that and only came up with a second half sos. I guess i'll have to go to espn.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by Jocephus »

[/youtube]

User avatar
cpebbles
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 8829
Joined: August 30 07, 12:28 pm

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by cpebbles »

TheoSqua wrote:
cpebbles wrote:Colts win, but unless they win out the Rams have no chance of moving up to #1 because of a stronger schedule. The second half of the season has done nothing to change my mind about wanting to take Luck and let Bradford go.
I thought the Rams had a stronger sos? I was looking for a site to show that and only came up with a second half sos. I guess i'll have to go to espn.
Weaker strength of schedule wins the tie-breaker for the draft, which makes sense in a very weird sort of way.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by Jocephus »

Image

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by stlouie_lipp »

The Chargers helped my Steelers last night. Now go out an beat San Fran!

User avatar
letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3654
Joined: April 17 06, 7:35 pm
Location: Too close for missiles, switching to guns

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by letsgocards89 »

I am amazed that Cam Newton is actually a passable NFL QB. I was absolutely convinced he was the next Jamarcus Russell.

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by stlouie_lipp »

stlouie_lipp wrote:The Chargers helped my Steelers last night. Now go out an beat San Fran!
Ben had no business being on the field last night.

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25226
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by Leroy »

letsgocards89 wrote:I am amazed that Cam Newton is actually a passable NFL QB. I was absolutely convinced he was the next Jamarcus Russell.
That's an awful high bar you set there. :)

User avatar
fanforever
Retired
Posts: 67125
Joined: April 17 06, 5:03 pm
Location: Northern NJ-The Twilight Zone

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by fanforever »

Did the 49ers forget to pay the electric bill last night?

Post Reply