Page 31 of 46

Re: 2011 NFL season

Posted: December 19 11, 2:09 pm
by Michael
Socnorb11 wrote:
Michael wrote:I pretty much agree, but I think he's a poor thrower, not fair. I will admit Tebow has been more effective than I thought he would be. Long-term I don't think the bronco's offense can be successful because his arm is so bad. I also don't think Tebow's play style will allow him to stay healthy.

I hear this a lot, but couldn't you say the same thing for any NFL running back?
Scrambling in the backfield is more prone to nasty tackles. Also, injuries to the wrist and fingers are much more detrimental for a QB.

Socnorb11 wrote:The accuracy is the biggest issue, by far. Maybe he can improve on that, maybe he can't. Better receivers would help, too. I read last week that the Broncos were among the leaders in the league in dropped-passes.
His arm strength and throwing motion is atrocious as well.

Re: 2011 NFL season

Posted: December 19 11, 2:14 pm
by TheoSqua
cpebbles wrote:Colts win, but unless they win out the Rams have no chance of moving up to #1 because of a stronger schedule. The second half of the season has done nothing to change my mind about wanting to take Luck and let Bradford go.
I thought the Rams had a stronger sos? I was looking for a site to show that and only came up with a second half sos. I guess i'll have to go to espn.

Re: 2011 NFL season

Posted: December 19 11, 3:02 pm
by Jocephus
[/youtube]

Re: 2011 NFL season

Posted: December 19 11, 3:16 pm
by cpebbles
TheoSqua wrote:
cpebbles wrote:Colts win, but unless they win out the Rams have no chance of moving up to #1 because of a stronger schedule. The second half of the season has done nothing to change my mind about wanting to take Luck and let Bradford go.
I thought the Rams had a stronger sos? I was looking for a site to show that and only came up with a second half sos. I guess i'll have to go to espn.
Weaker strength of schedule wins the tie-breaker for the draft, which makes sense in a very weird sort of way.

Re: 2011 NFL season

Posted: December 19 11, 4:41 pm
by Jocephus
Image

Re: 2011 NFL season

Posted: December 19 11, 7:48 pm
by stlouie_lipp
The Chargers helped my Steelers last night. Now go out an beat San Fran!

Re: 2011 NFL season

Posted: December 20 11, 5:21 am
by letsgocards89
I am amazed that Cam Newton is actually a passable NFL QB. I was absolutely convinced he was the next Jamarcus Russell.

Re: 2011 NFL season

Posted: December 20 11, 7:06 am
by stlouie_lipp
stlouie_lipp wrote:The Chargers helped my Steelers last night. Now go out an beat San Fran!
Ben had no business being on the field last night.

Re: 2011 NFL season

Posted: December 20 11, 10:13 am
by Leroy
letsgocards89 wrote:I am amazed that Cam Newton is actually a passable NFL QB. I was absolutely convinced he was the next Jamarcus Russell.
That's an awful high bar you set there. :)

Re: 2011 NFL season

Posted: December 20 11, 10:38 am
by fanforever
Did the 49ers forget to pay the electric bill last night?