Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Post Reply
User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30819
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: Random musings

Post by ghostrunner »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:You know how there used to be a smoking and non smoking section in restaurants? There needs to be a kids and no kids section. Screaming ass kids are unacceptable.
+++
I'm not opposed to that as a parent, but potentially you just end up with a bunch of bratty adults who never had to adjust their behavior for anyone else.

User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Re: Random musings

Post by haltz »

If you were a server assigned to the kid's section, the appropriate response would be to just kill yourself.

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30819
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: Random musings

Post by ghostrunner »

haltz wrote:If you were a server assigned to the kid's section, the appropriate response would be to just kill yourself.
Do servers ever get training on how to handle kids? I wish servers would always bring the kids food out first. That can solve a lot of problems for everyone. Also, don't being kids drinks in huge glasses without lids.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Random musings

Post by Freed Roger »

ghostrunner wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:You know how there used to be a smoking and non smoking section in restaurants? There needs to be a kids and no kids section. Screaming ass kids are unacceptable.
+++
I'm not opposed to that as a parent, but potentially you just end up with a bunch of bratty adults who never had to adjust their behavior for anyone else.
So true Ghost. I think even when I don't have kids, I will still frequent places that welcome them. They provide some sort of balance. Places that cater too much to an age-range or specific demographic tend to be obnoxious.

On the extreme for kids' -Chuck E Cheese, Magic House -eek. On the adult side-Vegas, adult only wedding receptions. etc Lame.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Random musings

Post by Jocephus »

JL21 wrote:I know it sounds weird, but I kind of love jury duty.
Stanley Huson wrote:I have been trying to get on jury duty every single year since I was 18-years old. To get to sit in an air conditioned room, downtown, judging people while my lunch was paid for? That is the life!

User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Re: Random musings

Post by haltz »

ghostrunner wrote:
haltz wrote:If you were a server assigned to the kid's section, the appropriate response would be to just kill yourself.
Do servers ever get training on how to handle kids? I wish servers would always bring the kids food out first. That can solve a lot of problems for everyone. Also, don't being kids drinks in huge glasses without lids.
I tell servers to ask the parents if they'd like the kids food out first or not. Sometimes they want them to learn some patience and eat their entrees with everyone else. Lids are great unless you want to clean up a mess. Every once in a while you offend the older of the siblings by putting lids on everything. It's hard to know where the cutoff is.

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30819
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: Random musings

Post by ghostrunner »

I'm absurdly happy about the Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market (groceries only) that replaced some houses and woods about 1.5 miles from my house two weeks ago. And conflicted, but mostly just happy.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Random musings

Post by Michael »

Freed Roger wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:You know how there used to be a smoking and non smoking section in restaurants? There needs to be a kids and no kids section. Screaming ass kids are unacceptable.
+++
I'm not opposed to that as a parent, but potentially you just end up with a bunch of bratty adults who never had to adjust their behavior for anyone else.
So true Ghost. I think even when I don't have kids, I will still frequent places that welcome them. They provide some sort of balance. Places that cater too much to an age-range or specific demographic tend to be obnoxious.

On the extreme for kids' -Chuck E Cheese, Magic House -eek. On the adult side-Vegas, adult only wedding receptions. etc Lame.

I'm pretty much the opposite. Balance is overrated. I like Vegas and had an adult only wedding. I think shoehorning kids into every place and event is obnoxious.

That's not to say kids don't have their place, but sometimes everyone (including kids and parents) have a better time when they stay home. On the other hand, Chuck E Cheese is great as well.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Random musings

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

I don't know why parents go out to eat with kids. We have tried it a couple times, and it is always a disaster. Mostly, we take turns taking junior out into the parking lot while the other one gets boxes and the bill wrapped up. Twice, I think, we have just asked for the food in boxes. Absolutle nightmare. We went to a birthday party for my co-worker a couple weeks ago and junior actually behaved well compared to other kids. I don't get it.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy
Posts: 24904
Joined: April 15 06, 6:25 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Random musings

Post by planet planet »

There's at least 1,850 people here. I wonder how many actually serve on a jury (and I hope I'm not one of them, but I always get picked)? Just seems like a colossal waste of time for that many people.

Post Reply