Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
Locked
Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin: The Thread

Post by Socnorb11 »

wart57 wrote:
Richie Allen wrote:
wart57 wrote:I think the claims that Palin's experience as a small town mayor was irrelevant came first.
From who?
They were all over the media and this board as well as countless bloggers all over the country.
So because the media questioned her experience, that gives Palin the right to mock Obama's service?

I don't get the connection.

The media has also questioned Obama's experience.

User avatar
GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11923
Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
Location: GatewaySnaykebird

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin: The Thread

Post by GatewaySnayke »

heyzeus wrote:Olberman.
He's been on The Daily Show tons of times. BUT JUST TO BE CLEAR...that doesn't make him a celebrity.

The one thing I remember is McCain insisting that we're fighting them over there so they don't fight us here. Stewart would have none of that.

We should probably get off the lipstick stuff, because it lends the GOP attacks credibility. Someone called Barack Obama "uppity" and that was buried pretty quick.

Sarah Palin said lots of stupid stuff last night in Alaska. Let's discuss that.

User avatar
docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief
Posts: 24741
Joined: April 18 06, 6:54 pm

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin: The Thread

Post by docellis »

wart57 wrote:
Richie Allen wrote:
wart57 wrote:I think the claims that Palin's experience as a small town mayor was irrelevant came first.
From who?
They were all over the media and this board as well as countless bloggers all over the country.

I hadn't seen that reported anywhere, or blogged about anywhere.

User avatar
obucard
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 8178
Joined: April 18 06, 11:04 pm
Location: Central AR

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin: The Thread

Post by obucard »

wart57 wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:
wart57 wrote:
Richie Allen wrote:
BW23 wrote:It will go on and on forever. The only people taking him at his word are those who will defend him on just about everything.
I support Obama and I think he was referring to Palin. And I'm glad he said it. At what point was there an agreement between Obama and Palin that they were to play nice? I certainly think it's a lot more reasonable to poke fun of a candidate that continually refers to herself as a Hockey Mom and compares herself to a pit bull than it is to come onto the national stage of the Republican Convention (as a a complete unknown) and mock someone else's community organizing as being relevant experience. If you don't see the distinction and and recognize the more inflammatory of the two, not to mention which happened first, then there's no need to discuss it further.
I think the claims that Palin's experience as a small town mayor was irrelevant came first.
I also think the entire GOP convention was over the top as far as attacks go.
Feel free to provide me the link and prove me wrong, but I don't "think" that Obama specifically said that her experience was irrelevant. And I can assure you that he didn't mock her about it and laugh the way the Republicans mocked him.
I don't think people are reading very well any more. I never said Obama made these claims. I said the attacks were over the top.
This is a political thread. Logic and intelligence go out the window if they make your candidate look bad.

User avatar
BW23
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12896
Joined: July 7 06, 11:08 pm

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin: The Thread

Post by BW23 »

Maybe they were mocking his "community organizing" because of what many believe that "organizing" entailed.

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin: The Thread

Post by Socnorb11 »

BW23 wrote:Maybe they were mocking his "community organizing" because of what many believe that "organizing" entailed.
Maybe they were mocking it because they don't know what it entailed.

User avatar
wart57
just can't quit you.
Posts: 25075
Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
Location: Lost

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin: The Thread

Post by wart57 »

Socnorb11 wrote:
wart57 wrote:
Richie Allen wrote:
wart57 wrote:I think the claims that Palin's experience as a small town mayor was irrelevant came first.
From who?
They were all over the media and this board as well as countless bloggers all over the country.
So because the media questioned her experience, that gives Palin the right to mock Obama's service?

I don't get the connection.

The media has also questioned Obama's experience.
So it is not ok for her defend herself?
lat me say this again, for the third time, and let me be very clear: I THOUGHT THE ATTACKS AT THE GOP CONVENTION WERE OVER THE TOP, TOO MUCH.

User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin: The Thread

Post by JL21 »

wart57 wrote:
Richie Allen wrote:
wart57 wrote:I think the claims that Palin's experience as a small town mayor was irrelevant came first.
From who?
They were all over the media and this board as well as countless bloggers all over the country.
But not from the Obama camp.

User avatar
GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11923
Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
Location: GatewaySnaykebird

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin: The Thread

Post by GatewaySnayke »

BW23 wrote:Maybe they were mocking his "community organizing" because of what many believe that "organizing" entailed.
OOOOH! Good point. He was probably converting wayward kids into Muslims! Muslims who deal drugs! Muslims who are going to bomb the harbor!!!

What do you think the organizing was?

User avatar
BW23
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12896
Joined: July 7 06, 11:08 pm

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin: The Thread

Post by BW23 »

Socnorb11 wrote:
BW23 wrote:Maybe they were mocking his "community organizing" because of what many believe that "organizing" entailed.
Maybe they were mocking it because they don't know what it entailed.
Because you do? I'm sure anyone that commented at the RNC had read plenty about it.

Locked