Page 33 of 200
Re: Music talk Thread
Posted: October 15 13, 11:24 am
by Fat_Bulldog
lukethedrifter wrote:Should I let the 13 year old go to see Paramore at the Fox with a friend? or insist a parent be there?
Let her go. Remind her this is a big chance to earn your trust or ruin it.
Re: Music talk Thread
Posted: October 15 13, 11:26 am
by Jocephus
plus their music is for pansies
Re: Music talk Thread
Posted: October 15 13, 11:38 am
by stlouie_lipp
Fat_Bulldog wrote:lukethedrifter wrote:Should I let the 13 year old go to see Paramore at the Fox with a friend? or insist a parent be there?
Let her go. Remind her this is a big chance to earn your trust or ruin it.
F_B is wise beyond his years.
Re: Music talk Thread
Posted: October 15 13, 12:13 pm
by lukethedrifter
Fat_Bulldog wrote:lukethedrifter wrote:Should I let the 13 year old go to see Paramore at the Fox with a friend? or insist a parent be there?
Let her go. Remind her this is a big chance to earn your trust or ruin it.
That's an ongoing dialogue. Have been talking about her making a call to me when she's out with kids- or at a sleepover or whatever- and things start to get uncomfortable/sketchy due to whatever bad idea kids get up to (or their parents for that matter). I need her to trust herself and me enough to do that. That's the kind of trust I'm looking for.
Back to music talk: go birds, Isbell's a talented SOB.
Re: Music talk Thread
Posted: November 5 13, 10:50 am
by go birds
new eminem album +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Re: Music talk Thread
Posted: November 5 13, 11:48 am
by stlouie_lipp
go birds wrote:new eminem album +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
meh, it's no Reflecktor.
Re: Music talk Thread
Posted: November 5 13, 11:55 am
by go birds
it's actually much better than the dog [expletive] Arcade Fire put out called Reflektor.
Re: Music talk Thread
Posted: November 11 13, 9:08 am
by stlouie_lipp
Re: Music talk Thread
Posted: November 11 13, 1:18 pm
by stlouie_lipp
Music industry revenue contributions over the past 40 years.

Re: Music talk Thread
Posted: November 15 13, 1:19 pm
by go birds
I'm revisiting the new Vampire Weekend album and if it's not the best album of the year, i dunno what is.