For better or worse he's the biggest story in the NFL this year.Socnorb11 wrote:stlouie_lipp wrote:With the post-season on the line:
6-22, 76 total yds, 0 TD. Int, fum
Who really cares?
2011 NFL season
-
Michael
- GRB Founder
- Posts: 35303
- Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
Re: 2011 NFL season
-
Socnorb11
- The Last Word
- Posts: 21906
- Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Re: 2011 NFL season
Michael wrote:For better or worse he's the biggest story in the NFL this year.Socnorb11 wrote:stlouie_lipp wrote:With the post-season on the line:
6-22, 76 total yds, 0 TD. Int, fum
Who really cares?
Fair enough. I came off as an ass, and for that I apologize.
It torks me that the Broncos have had more success than they've had in years, and yet Tebow's failures is what people want to discuss (not just here, but everywhere).
-
Michael
- GRB Founder
- Posts: 35303
- Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
Re: 2011 NFL season
People want to discuss Tebow's successes too.
I understand your frustration, but I gotta admit, as a fairly casual NFL fan, I watched Denver today because Tebow was playing in a big game. I was more interested in Tebow than a team (Denver) that IMO going nowhere in the playoffs. He's a fascinating story because he's so divisive on a personal and professional level.
I understand your frustration, but I gotta admit, as a fairly casual NFL fan, I watched Denver today because Tebow was playing in a big game. I was more interested in Tebow than a team (Denver) that IMO going nowhere in the playoffs. He's a fascinating story because he's so divisive on a personal and professional level.
-
Socnorb11
- The Last Word
- Posts: 21906
- Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Re: 2011 NFL season
Michael wrote:People want to discuss his successes too.
I understand your frustration, but I gotta admit, as a fairly casual NFL fan, I watched Denver today because Tebow was playing in a big game. I was more interested in Tebow than a team (Denver) that IMO going nowhere in the playoffs. He's a fascinating story because he's so divisive on a personal and professional level.
I get it, Michael. More than anything, my response was probably triggered by his poor play.
I do not get the Tebow fascination. I really don't.
- Leroy
- a bad penny always turns up
- Posts: 25226
- Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
- Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
- Contact:
Re: 2011 NFL season
It's pretty simple really.
1) Religious types want him to succeed because he puts his faith out there. I'm religious but not dumb enough to think that Jesus wants my team to win a football game.
2) Scout types want him to fail because they said he would.
3) Skip Bayless is an idiot and will blame the last three losses on everything except quarterback play.
What is amazing is all of the press that Tebow gets, yet Cam had a great year and no one really heard about that.
1) Religious types want him to succeed because he puts his faith out there. I'm religious but not dumb enough to think that Jesus wants my team to win a football game.
2) Scout types want him to fail because they said he would.
3) Skip Bayless is an idiot and will blame the last three losses on everything except quarterback play.
What is amazing is all of the press that Tebow gets, yet Cam had a great year and no one really heard about that.
- vinsanity
- Chili dog truther
- Posts: 8836
- Joined: July 3 06, 2:19 pm
- Location: Indianapolis
Re: 2011 NFL season
6 carries for 16 yards. Maybe he's finally been figured out?stlouie_lipp wrote:With the post-season on the line:
6-22, 76 total yds, 0 TD. Int, fum
-
Socnorb11
- The Last Word
- Posts: 21906
- Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Re: 2011 NFL season
vinsanity wrote:6 carries for 16 yards. Maybe he's finally been figured out?stlouie_lipp wrote:With the post-season on the line:
6-22, 76 total yds, 0 TD. Int, fum
It seems that teams have adjusted pretty well. It also seems that Tebow has lost quite a bit of confidence, and his game relies pretty heavily on playing with confidence.
He definitely needs to make some adjustments. It still remains to be seen whether he'll get that opportunity next year. I'd put it at about 50/50 right now.
- ThatGuy
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 5114
- Joined: October 15 06, 4:40 pm
- Location: Knoxville, TN
Re: 2011 NFL season
I think his occasionally annoying and over-the-top personality has something to do with it (flashback to him crying at Florida).Socnorb11 wrote:I do not get the Tebow fascination. I really don't.
It's almost funny to think about, because more than a few athletes get criticized for not caring enough/not trying hard enough, but it's almost like Tebow tries too hard and cares too much. Lots of people enjoy seeing that kind of character fail. I suppose you could put some kind of spin on it by saying they're all secretly jealous that they don't try that hard in their daily lives and want validation for their lackadaisical methods, but that might be putting too much thought into it.
- Schlich
- Don't tone police me bro!
- Posts: 10841
- Joined: July 1 06, 7:24 pm
- Location: Lost in the Cloud
Re: 2011 NFL season
I think it's spot on.ThatGuy wrote:I think his occasionally annoying and over-the-top personality has something to do with it (flashback to him crying at Florida).Socnorb11 wrote:I do not get the Tebow fascination. I really don't.
It's almost funny to think about, because more than a few athletes get criticized for not caring enough/not trying hard enough, but it's almost like Tebow tries too hard and cares too much. Lots of people enjoy seeing that kind of character fail. I suppose you could put some kind of spin on it by saying they're all secretly jealous that they don't try that hard in their daily lives and want validation for their lackadaisical methods, but that might be putting too much thought into it.
- Schlich
- Don't tone police me bro!
- Posts: 10841
- Joined: July 1 06, 7:24 pm
- Location: Lost in the Cloud
Re: 2011 NFL season
And for what it's worth, I think a new quarterback should be pretty low on denver's list of priorities.



