Page 35 of 262

Re: The Beer Thread

Posted: October 27 09, 8:50 am
by Freed Roger
some of you may recall a particular charismatic beer vendor at Busch II circa 1994? his turf was down in the lower seats behind dugout .. his call was a booming "Bud LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGHHTT!!" After the seventh when all the other beer vendors called it a night, he'd roll out with "O' DOOOOOOUUUULLLLLSS!


I can drink an O' Douls - but I don't.

Re: The Beer Thread

Posted: October 28 09, 3:31 am
by GodWeenSanto
Best beer ever!

Image
Simply amazing. I also tried the 8, not as good. The bartender told me there is a 12 but it's hard to find.

Re: The Beer Thread

Posted: October 28 09, 8:06 am
by JL21
Wow. That looks delicious.

Re: The Beer Thread

Posted: October 28 09, 8:38 am
by Jocephus
Image

Re: The Beer Thread

Posted: October 30 09, 2:12 pm
by Freed Roger
robbotis wrote:
Hungary Jack wrote:I just popped open a Bell's Oberon, a fine ale.
Yes it is.
Bell's is awesome. Oberon is great, Two Hearted is Divine.
kickin back with a Bells Two Hearted. The hoppiest beer I've enjoyed. Odells 5 Barrel Pale Ale gets good marks too.

Re: The Beer Thread

Posted: October 30 09, 4:00 pm
by lukethedrifter
This American infatuation with hops, where will it end? Is it the microbrew version of the disposable razor wars? We have FOUR blades. Oh Yeah! We have FIVE!

Re: The Beer Thread

Posted: October 30 09, 4:18 pm
by Freed Roger
lukethedrifter wrote:This American infatuation with hops, where will it end? Is it the microbrew version of the disposable razor wars? We have FOUR blades. Oh Yeah! We have FIVE!
I'm not a hoppy beer fan, and steer away from IPAs. Two Hearted Ale was a nice surprise. my tolerance for hops has gone up over time.

Re: The Beer Thread

Posted: October 30 09, 4:21 pm
by lukethedrifter
Freed Roger wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:This American infatuation with hops, where will it end? Is it the microbrew version of the disposable razor wars? We have FOUR blades. Oh Yeah! We have FIVE!
I'm not a hoppy beer fan, and steer away from IPAs. Two Hearted Ale was a nice surprise. my tolerance for hops has gone up over time.
I really enjoyed hoppy beers but either I have lost tolerance or it's a case of More's Law.

Re: The Beer Thread

Posted: October 30 09, 4:24 pm
by G. Keenan
lukethedrifter wrote:This American infatuation with hops, where will it end? Is it the microbrew version of the disposable razor wars? We have FOUR blades. Oh Yeah! We have FIVE!

I love the taste, to the point that I don't enjoy sweeter beers as much as I used to. That said, hopping the living hell out of a beer just to say you have is a fad that will pass. I like a hoppy beer with good balance. Bells Two Hearted is a great example of that.

Re: The Beer Thread

Posted: October 30 09, 5:06 pm
by GodWeenSanto
I'll drink an overly hoppy beer over an overly malty beer any time. I've had some terrible overly malty beers.