2011 NFL season

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by Michael »

ThatGuy wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:I do not get the Tebow fascination. I really don't.
I think his occasionally annoying and over-the-top personality has something to do with it (flashback to him crying at Florida).

It's almost funny to think about, because more than a few athletes get criticized for not caring enough/not trying hard enough, but it's almost like Tebow tries too hard and cares too much. Lots of people enjoy seeing that kind of character fail. I suppose you could put some kind of spin on it by saying they're all secretly jealous that they don't try that hard in their daily lives and want validation for their lackadaisical methods, but that might be putting too much thought into it.

I think this is part of it, but it's also a skill debate as well. I've never seen a player in professional sports with such a wide range of evaluations.

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by Socnorb11 »

Michael wrote:
ThatGuy wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:I do not get the Tebow fascination. I really don't.
I think his occasionally annoying and over-the-top personality has something to do with it (flashback to him crying at Florida).

It's almost funny to think about, because more than a few athletes get criticized for not caring enough/not trying hard enough, but it's almost like Tebow tries too hard and cares too much. Lots of people enjoy seeing that kind of character fail. I suppose you could put some kind of spin on it by saying they're all secretly jealous that they don't try that hard in their daily lives and want validation for their lackadaisical methods, but that might be putting too much thought into it.

I think this is part of it, but it's also a skill debate as well. I've never seen a player in professional sports with such a wide range of evaluations.

Colby Rasmus

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by lukethedrifter »

RxOfCowbell wrote:And for what it's worth, I think a new quarterback should be pretty low on denver's list of priorities.
You must be a Chiefs fan.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by lukethedrifter »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:I wasn't sure where to put this.

Former Dallas Cowboy Sam Hurd arrested in Chicago on drug charges
UPDATE: I have uploaded a copy of the criminal complaint filed in Hurd's case. (See below)

According to the complaint, Hurd told an undercover operative that he wanted up to 10 kilograms of cocaine and a half ton of marijuana per week "for distribution in the Chicago area."
It's not even shocking anymore.
Ha! I just got a call from a reporter at our local paper - we had evicted Hurd and his roommates back in 2006 and she wanted to know if he paid the judgment.
Lipp made the papers

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/2012/01/ ... u/aainyx6/

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by stlouie_lipp »

lukethedrifter wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:I wasn't sure where to put this.

Former Dallas Cowboy Sam Hurd arrested in Chicago on drug charges
UPDATE: I have uploaded a copy of the criminal complaint filed in Hurd's case. (See below)

According to the complaint, Hurd told an undercover operative that he wanted up to 10 kilograms of cocaine and a half ton of marijuana per week "for distribution in the Chicago area."
It's not even shocking anymore.
Ha! I just got a call from a reporter at our local paper - we had evicted Hurd and his roommates back in 2006 and she wanted to know if he paid the judgment.
Lipp made the papers

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/2012/01/ ... u/aainyx6/
Funny. I just directed the reporter to our (former) client. The article could have at least mentioned a "no comment" from me.

Actually, this case ended our relationship with the lady quoted in the article...she thought the judge was giving them a break because they played for NIU. I can assure you, had we still been representing them, they would have received a wage-garnishment check from either the Cowboys or the Bears to satisfy the judgment.

User avatar
docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief
Posts: 24741
Joined: April 18 06, 6:54 pm

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by docellis »

If Alabama made Tebow cry, I wonder what James Harrison is going to do to him.

User avatar
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
Posts: 27776
Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
Location: at the gettin' place

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by cardsfansince82 »

I'll set the over/under on Tebow fumbles at 2.5. Polamalu is good for at least one by himself.

User avatar
slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden
Posts: 14433
Joined: June 10 09, 11:31 pm
Location: In Chula Vista hanging with the Surenos

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by slide_into_first »

Steve W of DeKalb doesn't know how to spell counsel.

Online
User avatar
st.lewis11
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 15770
Joined: June 14 06, 10:17 pm
Location: Small southern IL town, 40 min from STL

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by st.lewis11 »

Everywhere I look, Pittsburgh seems heavily favored. With Big Ben's ankle problems, perhaps the Steelers may have scoring problems of their own against the Bronco defense? Would Denver have a chance, being at home? How do the special teams rate, comparing between the 2?

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by stlouie_lipp »

slide_into_first wrote:Steve W of DeKalb doesn't know how to spell counsel.
Most of those "commenters" are idiots. But, they provide a daily laugh for me.

Post Reply