Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
- Leroy
- a bad penny always turns up
- Posts: 25225
- Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
- Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
- Contact:
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
I have no idea how that ruling g applies to anything here but whatever works for you.
-
Socnorb11
- The Last Word
- Posts: 21906
- Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
Leroy wrote:I have no idea how that ruling g applies to anything here but whatever works for you.
To be clear, I wasn't defending it............. I was just noting the explanation that they're using.
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
ACA is a [expletive]. It would have been better to let the Bush tax cuts expire, and waited until the climate was right to go for some real productive change - universal health care.
Congress is sick joke. They pass laws then make it their sole mission to undermine those laws (or whatever their wealthy overlords tell them to do). Governance by destruction.
Congress is sick joke. They pass laws then make it their sole mission to undermine those laws (or whatever their wealthy overlords tell them to do). Governance by destruction.
- indyredbird
- All-Star
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: September 26 06, 2:35 pm
- Location: Whitestown, IN
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
I just think it's funny that people actually think the government is going to come in and make something less costly and better.
-
Socnorb11
- The Last Word
- Posts: 21906
- Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
I can give you several examples of why it's better for a lot of people. The pluses outweigh the minuses, and it's not even close.indyredbird wrote:I just think it's funny that people actually think the government is going to come in and make something less costly and better.
The truth is that we're the only civilized country on the planet without universal health care for our people. It needs to happen. Who do you suggest we get to make it happen, if not our government?
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
They might not make it better, but if I'm not mistaken, they get better rates for every medical service provided. So....they've got that going for them. And insurance companies, in general, are worse than casinos on the rate of return. So....there's that too.indyredbird wrote:I just think it's funny that people actually think the government is going to come in and make something less costly and better.
Really, it would be mighty difficult for Obamacare to make it worse, but they're off to a rocking good start at trying, I'd agree.
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
Right, you agree universal health care needs to happen, yet you stick up for obamacare like it is happening...which it isn't...and definitely not through the government.Socnorb11 wrote:I can give you several examples of why it's better for a lot of people. The pluses outweigh the minuses, and it's not even close.indyredbird wrote:I just think it's funny that people actually think the government is going to come in and make something less costly and better.
The truth is that we're the only civilized country on the planet without universal health care for our people. It needs to happen. Who do you suggest we get to make it happen, if not our government?
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
Before you disagree with me soc, because I think I know hwat you're going to say, the way universal health care isn't happening is 1. people are forced to pay for it instead of a penalty* and instead of through taxation 2. the government isn't providing the services...which are left open to private companies to manipulate.
*With existing conditions being forced on insurance companies, it makes way more sense to pay the penalty if you're healthy. And, if you get a thing like cancer, then go sign up for insurance.
I really hope your co-worker is doing well, and cancer is the most vile thing on the face of the planet, so I wish her the best.
*With existing conditions being forced on insurance companies, it makes way more sense to pay the penalty if you're healthy. And, if you get a thing like cancer, then go sign up for insurance.
I really hope your co-worker is doing well, and cancer is the most vile thing on the face of the planet, so I wish her the best.
-
Arthur Dent
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 12536
- Joined: April 25 06, 6:43 pm
- Location: Austin
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
The main way it's not happening is the state Medicaid gap.
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
Yeah, so lets dump our military spending.indyredbird wrote:I just think it's funny that people actually think the government is going to come in and make something less costly and better.
