Page 36 of 58
Re: First world problems
Posted: June 16 13, 2:15 pm
by lukethedrifter
Say you have two kids. One of the kids gets money to buy really nice laptop from his/her grandmother for a birthday gift. Say the kid only occasionally uses the laptop to watch movies, email and skype. Mostly the laptop sits under the bed because it's easier to use the family desktop that is left on most of the time.
Now say the second kid needs a nice laptop to do schoolwork that is not just internet searches etc. Actually going to use the computer to work.
Now this family doesn't have unlimited funds and even if they did the parents generally think it foolish to buy things and have things just to have them.
One possible solution considered:
a)Buy the first kid a real nice notebook that is smaller and lighter, has more usable features and a longer battery life. Can do everything that the kid ever wanted the laptop to do, but easier yet is 1/3 the cost of new laptop.
b)Give the second kid that needs laptop functionality the laptop.
c)Use money saved to go on family vacation. Or save it for college expenses. Or whatever.
actual outcome: "Mine!"
some names and familial relationships have been changed to protect the innocent.
#firstworldproblems
Re: First world problems
Posted: June 16 13, 2:18 pm
by cardsfansince82
Diddy wrote:My wife accidentally bought one ply toilet paper.
That's rough action. I didn't even know they still sold that in the first world.
Re: First world problems
Posted: June 16 13, 2:20 pm
by lukethedrifter
cardsfansince82 wrote:Diddy wrote:My wife accidentally bought one ply toilet paper.
That's rough action. I didn't even know they still sold that in the first world.
One of the more easily solved first world problems.
protip: pull twice the length off you normally do and double it over. Proceed as normal.
Re: First world problems
Posted: June 16 13, 7:40 pm
by Smith Corks One
cardsfansince82 wrote:Diddy wrote:My wife accidentally bought one ply toilet paper.
That's rough action. I didn't even know they still sold that in the first world.
All I ever use.
Re: First world problems
Posted: June 16 13, 7:46 pm
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
cardsfansince82 wrote:Diddy wrote:My wife accidentally bought one ply toilet paper.
That's rough action. I didn't even know they still sold that in the first world.
I have started using those wet wipe things. My ass no longer bleeds every time I wipe.
Re: First world problems
Posted: June 16 13, 9:13 pm
by Smith Corks One
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:cardsfansince82 wrote:Diddy wrote:My wife accidentally bought one ply toilet paper.
That's rough action. I didn't even know they still sold that in the first world.
I have started using those wet wipe things. My ass no longer bleeds every time I wipe.
Interesting; I am going to look into this. Do you still use tp then just finish with the wet wipe, or straight wet wipe all the way?
Re: First world problems
Posted: June 16 13, 9:20 pm
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
Smith Corks One wrote:AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:cardsfansince82 wrote:Diddy wrote:My wife accidentally bought one ply toilet paper.
That's rough action. I didn't even know they still sold that in the first world.
I have started using those wet wipe things. My ass no longer bleeds every time I wipe.
Interesting; I am going to look into this. Do you still use tp then just finish with the wet wipe, or straight wet wipe all the way?
Start with TP, like normal. Then finish with the wet wipe. It takes the place of the last two wipes, I'd guess.

No idea if it costs more/less than using tp alone, but the comfort is worth it...
Re: First world problems
Posted: June 16 13, 10:30 pm
by docellis
I am surely going to regret asking this, but why would someone's ass bleed from wiping it with toilet paper?
Re: First world problems
Posted: June 17 13, 3:45 am
by Maclowery
I have wanted to make a gross poop-themed thread for so long. There's just so much to talk about, everyone. I totally triple fold every wipe, wasted paper be damned. TP is about the only thing I can think of that I buy top-quality, regardless of price. Probably a result of working in the bar/restaurant industry, where the work TP is pretty much guaranteed to be gross and cheap. At home, I want velvet, I don't care what it costs.
Not sure what AWvCB is talking about.
Re: First world problems
Posted: June 17 13, 5:31 am
by Diddy
lukethedrifter wrote:cardsfansince82 wrote:Diddy wrote:My wife accidentally bought one ply toilet paper.
That's rough action. I didn't even know they still sold that in the first world.
One of the more easily solved first world problems.
protip: pull twice the length off you normally do and double it over. Proceed as normal.
It's just not the same. It's just not the same.....