Uncle Tupelo tribute show at Off Broadway tonight. Could be fun.
Next couple of Saturdays at Stovall's way out in the country part of West County should be fun. Diesel Island (incl Brian Henneman of the Bottle Rockets and my friend Carl Pandolfi) plays 70s Outlaw Country covers amongst other stuff this upcoming Sat the 8th, then Col Ford (sometimes incl Jay Farrar and my buddies John Horton, Danny Kathriner and Dade Farrar) the following Saturday playing classic country going way back.
Stovall's is a neat place. A roadhouse that's been open since the 30s.
Re: Music talk Thread
Posted: February 4 14, 9:38 am
by JL21
Hello, music nerds. I would like to employ your assistance.
I [expletive] love the hell out of the True Detective title sequence.
[/youtube]
And apparently, the song- Far from any Road by the Handsome Family- is an example of a whole sub-genre of music called "murder ballads". I want to find more murder ballads, especially in that twangy Texas style.