Did you try setting it up online? It's a piece of cake. Unfortunately I have experience.cpebbles wrote:RROD #2 last night, and I just spent half an hour trying to convince some girl in India that my address is not a P.O. box so they'll ship me a container. Now I have to call back and argue with a supervisor. Considering my 3 years are up in a month or two anyway, I'm thinking of just saving myself some hassle, and three weeks without an Xbox, by fixing it myself.
The Video Game Thread
- ghostrunner
- GOAT
- Posts: 30832
- Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
- cpebbles
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 8829
- Joined: August 30 07, 12:28 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
I tried online first, but it refused to take my serial number, saying it was already registered. I'm guessing that has something to do with it being a refurbished unit that they replaced my original defective one with. I then sent an email detailing the problem and asking how to get around the serial number issue, and just got a stock RROD troubleshooting response with instructions to call the support line if it didn't work out.
- robbotis
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4791
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:05 am
- Location: Minneapolis
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
I've done it over the phone. It's a breeze. They e-mail you the shipping label that day and then your set.
-
Michael
- GRB Founder
- Posts: 35303
- Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
Online
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18727
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
I have a question. Since I can use my PS3 as an internet browser can't I just pull up my Netflix account and just view one of the instant movies from there? I've never tried to watch and instant movie so I'm not sure exactly how it works.Michael wrote:Netflix hints at premium streaming channel
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
money-grubbing bastards...they need to add more titles to what they've got alreadyMichael wrote:Netflix hints at premium streaming channel
also, im borrowing "far cry 2" from a friend...only played a bit, but its a pretty solid FPS...don't know if id pick it up on my own though
-
Michael
- GRB Founder
- Posts: 35303
- Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
cardinalkarp wrote:I have a question. Since I can use my PS3 as an internet browser can't I just pull up my Netflix account and just view one of the instant movies from there? I've never tried to watch and instant movie so I'm not sure exactly how it works.Michael wrote:Netflix hints at premium streaming channel
The PS3 browser does not support netflix streaming. In fact, I think only IE does.
Online
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18727
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
gotchaMichael wrote:cardinalkarp wrote:I have a question. Since I can use my PS3 as an internet browser can't I just pull up my Netflix account and just view one of the instant movies from there? I've never tried to watch and instant movie so I'm not sure exactly how it works.Michael wrote:Netflix hints at premium streaming channel
The PS3 browser does not support streaming. In fact, I think only IE does.
- ghostrunner
- GOAT
- Posts: 30832
- Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
I have to say I've become a little nonplussed with the video quality of the Netflix streaming. The selection could be better, but there's a ton of things available that I'd like to watch. There's a pretty noticeable blur to almost anything I rent that way. It's okay for some tv shows and standup specials, but for movies I'll be sticking with DVDs for now.
On that note, has anyone seen tips for improving the video? My router does port forwarding automatically, so I'm not sure what else I could change there.
On that note, has anyone seen tips for improving the video? My router does port forwarding automatically, so I'm not sure what else I could change there.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
this probably wont be of any help, but in my situation (xbox360/dsl)...the tv shows and movies (through streaming) generally appear like regular analog tv right now (not in HD)...so, not perfect or ideal, but workable...one thing that i do is once i get video i pause the movie/show, and let it buffer up...seems to help a little...and, ive been getting emails from netflix asking "how was the video quality on so and so...." and you click the link that it was, usually "great, acceptable, bad"...so that might help...over timeghostrunner wrote:I have to say I've become a little nonplussed with the video quality of the Netflix streaming. The selection could be better, but there's a ton of things available that I'd like to watch. There's a pretty noticeable blur to almost anything I rent that way. It's okay for some tv shows and standup specials, but for movies I'll be sticking with DVDs for now.
On that note, has anyone seen tips for improving the video? My router does port forwarding automatically, so I'm not sure what else I could change there.

