2011 NFL season

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
obucard
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 8178
Joined: April 18 06, 11:04 pm
Location: Central AR

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by obucard »

Cronos wrote:LOL...that's considered roughing the passer? Wow.
3 years ago, no. Today, yes.

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by Socnorb11 »

Cronos wrote:LOL...that's considered roughing the passer? Wow.

Been called that way all year.

User avatar
Cronos
In perpetuum
Posts: 34778
Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by Cronos »

Socnorb11 wrote:Been called that way all year.
I haven't been watching much football this year, but geeze. Now I see what all of the talk was about. That's ridiculous. He just kind of shoved him to the ground. Tebow didn't even blink.

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by Socnorb11 »

Cronos wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:Been called that way all year.
I haven't been watching much football this year, but geeze. Now I see what all of the talk was about. That's ridiculous. He just kind of shoved him to the ground. Tebow didn't even blink.

I definitely agree. It's gotten ridiculous.

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25226
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by Leroy »

I guess I'm smart about football.

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by Socnorb11 »

Broncos are going to regret not getting it in the end zone. That drop by Thomas hurt.......... pretty typical though, since Brandon Lloyd was traded.

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by Socnorb11 »

cpebbles wrote:They said confirmed, but I don't see how. They should have kicked it down to the referee because there is no way that second foot was down after the catch.

I'm not certain, but I think if you get one foot and one elbow in, then it counts as well.

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by Socnorb11 »

Leroy wrote:I guess I'm smart about football.

You're smart at football, Leroy.

Mike McCoy (Bronco's offensive coordinator) is a clown.

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25226
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by Leroy »

I don't know enough about the guy to judge, but taking a hot qb and spreading him out just seemed really dumb.

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by Socnorb11 »

Wow. That is just a terrible break for the Broncos.

Post Reply