The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators
Posts: 11413
Joined: April 21 06, 3:31 pm
Location: I Read the News Today Oh, boy

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Tambourine Man »

Ace wrote:
Tambourine Man wrote:Has anyone downloaded "Braid" from XBL? It got great reviews.
I just purchased Castle Crashers, but I'll be getting Braid next when I have time.
Let me know how it is when you get around to it. I've got a stack of games to work on for now, but Braid sounds a little different than most.

User avatar
Ace
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3781
Joined: April 18 06, 9:36 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Ace »

Tambourine Man wrote:
Ace wrote:
Tambourine Man wrote:Has anyone downloaded "Braid" from XBL? It got great reviews.
I just purchased Castle Crashers, but I'll be getting Braid next when I have time.
Let me know how it is when you get around to it. I've got a stack of games to work on for now, but Braid sounds a little different than most.
I'll probably purchase it within the week. I'll review it in this thread for ya after I've played it.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Michael »

The Halo Wars demo is up today. From what I've seen it's getting really positive feedback. Perhaps this will be the first really good console RTS game.

User avatar
Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators
Posts: 11413
Joined: April 21 06, 3:31 pm
Location: I Read the News Today Oh, boy

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Tambourine Man »

Hey did you ditch work today, Michael? I'm downloading the demo now.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Michael »

I'm at home sick. I'm DLing it too. Here's a good impressions thread.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Michael »

I didn't play the whole demo, but I thought it was pretty good. I'm sure I'll be buying it.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Jocephus »

should of got the RE 5 demo man...it rocks(ed)

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Michael »

I didn't like the RE5 demo, because I couldn't get used to the controls. I felt like I was playing underwater the whole time, and I hated that I couldn't run and shoot. I understand that's what makes "an RE game an RE game", but I didn't care for it. If it gets good reviews I might pick it up, but I heard a lot of gamers prefer Dead Space in the survival horror genre because the controls aren't antiquated.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Jocephus »

Michael wrote:I didn't like the RE5 demo, I couldn't get used to the controls. I felt like I was playing underwater the whole time and I hated that I couldn't run and shoot. I understand that's what makes an "RE" an "RE" game, but I didn't care for it. If it gets good reviews I might pick it up, but I heard a lot of gamers prefer Dead Space in the survival horror genre because the controls aren't antiquated.
hoo-hoo...man, you just opened a big ol' canof worms...get this Gears or CoD mindset out of yer head man!...this is the RE gameplay...

but seriously, thats a common "complaint"...i personally dont feel like that at all when im playing, i have no troubles with it (the controls)...did you play co-op with a friend? that makes it 10x's more fun too. i will be waiting at midnight for it and prolly call in sick the next day too...

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Michael »

It is a can of worms. I feel they are using an awkward control system in order to build tension, which is backward. I didn't play Dead Space, but I heard it builds tension that is key to survival horror, while having a more realistic control scheme. That sounds right to me.

I didn't try co-op. Maybe I give it a whirl sometime.

Post Reply