i guess if i was gonna buy an entire album it would be vampire weekend - modern vampires of the city
or
album from my all time favorite band The Weeks: Dear Bo Jackson
Re: Music talk Thread
Posted: February 12 14, 10:06 am
by heyzeus
go birds wrote:i guess if i was gonna buy an entire album it would be vampire weekend - modern vampires of the city
or
album from my all time favorite band The Weeks: Dear Bo Jackson
That Vampire Weekend album is probably my favorite thing from 2013.
I don't know your specific tastes, Rad. Do you want new music/bands? All time classics?
If you don't own Radiohead's OK Computer, start there. You probably do though, since you're smart. I saw you like the Cure in that love song thread. What about the Smiths? The Queen is Dead is probably their best proper album, but The Singles (a collection of their singles) is a flawless introduction.
Re: Music talk Thread
Posted: February 12 14, 11:12 am
by Radbird
No specific genre. I guess I'm looking for new stuff since I pretty well have the classics covered (although I don't have much from the '90s). No "new" country, no pop - so I'll eliminate most of what has become the Grammys.
I have Radiohead (because I am smart). The Smiths are an intriguing choice - I only have a few singles, no albums.
I'll definitely grab the new VW. Also thinking about Broken Bells latest.
Radbird wrote:No specific genre. I guess I'm looking for new stuff since I pretty well have the classics covered (although I don't have much from the '90s). No "new" country, no pop - so I'll eliminate most of what has become the Grammys.
I have Radiohead (because I am smart). The Smiths are an intriguing choice - I only have a few singles, no albums.
I'll definitely grab the new VW. Also thinking about Broken Bells latest.
I like music from the 90s!
I'm a broken record, but Elliott Smith's "Either/Or" is just about the best thing ever.
Modest Mouse used to be a different band than the one you hear on the radio now. Either The Lonesome Crowded West (a bit noisier) or The Moon and Antarctica (a bit dreamier) are amazing and expansive landscapes of rock.
Built to Spill - Epic jammy guitar rock that is pop-friendly. Keep It Like A Secret is probably their most accessible.
Re: Music talk Thread
Posted: February 12 14, 1:07 pm
by StatmanCrothers
anybody listening to "Of Monsters And Men" ?
Re: Music talk Thread
Posted: February 12 14, 1:13 pm
by jim
Statman!
Re: Music talk Thread
Posted: February 12 14, 1:23 pm
by stlouie_lipp
What the...where ya been?
Re: Music talk Thread
Posted: February 12 14, 1:43 pm
by heyzeus
StatmanCrothers wrote:anybody listening to "Of Monsters And Men" ?
STATMAN LIVES!
I [expletive] about Of Monsters and Men here. Because that's what I do.