Page 389 of 420

Re: Former Cardinals Watch

Posted: May 28 24, 10:52 am
by AdmiralKird
Wong had a 3 WAR season just two years ago. What happened?

Re: Former Cardinals Watch

Posted: May 28 24, 11:28 am
by Popeye_Card
The middle infielder 30's cliff. Wong hit it a bit sooner than many others, but also not surprising when most of his value came from his speed and defense. Those are usually the first things to go.

Re: Former Cardinals Watch

Posted: June 3 24, 6:58 am
by Joe Shlabotnik
Tommy's gonna Pham.
Veteran Chicago White Sox outfielder Tommy Pham had to be restrained on Sunday from going after the Brewers, following a play at the plate during an eventual Milwaukee win.

The play occurred in the eighth inning with the Brewers protecting a one-run lead. Corey Julks lifted a fly ball to Christian Yelich in left, and Pham attempted to tag up and score from third. Yelich's throw beat Pham, and catcher William Contreras applied the tag for the final out of the frame.

After the game, Pham explained what happened from his viewpoint and also reminded us that he's no stranger to the dojo. Via ESPN, Pham said:

"It was a shallow flyball to left field. You would expect the left fielder to throw the baserunner out on that play. The third base coach (Eddie Rodriguez) sends you, you've got to go. I'm nailed out at home by a mile. I'm going to the dugout. I hear the tough guy (Contreras) with all the hoorah s---. I never start anything, but I'll be prepared to finish it.

"There's a reason why I do all kinds of fighting in the offseason. Cause I'm prepared to f--- somebody up. So, take it as what it is."

Re: Former Cardinals Watch

Posted: June 3 24, 7:12 am
by WAR God
He has mental problems.

Re: Former Cardinals Watch

Posted: June 3 24, 7:47 am
by Spider John
Joe Shlabotnik wrote: ↑
June 3 24, 6:58 am
Tommy's gonna Pham.
Veteran Chicago White Sox outfielder Tommy Pham had to be restrained on Sunday from going after the Brewers, following a play at the plate during an eventual Milwaukee win.

The play occurred in the eighth inning with the Brewers protecting a one-run lead. Corey Julks lifted a fly ball to Christian Yelich in left, and Pham attempted to tag up and score from third. Yelich's throw beat Pham, and catcher William Contreras applied the tag for the final out of the frame.

After the game, Pham explained what happened from his viewpoint and also reminded us that he's no stranger to the dojo. Via ESPN, Pham said:

"It was a shallow flyball to left field. You would expect the left fielder to throw the baserunner out on that play. The third base coach (Eddie Rodriguez) sends you, you've got to go. I'm nailed out at home by a mile. I'm going to the dugout. I hear the tough guy (Contreras) with all the hoorah s---. I never start anything, but I'll be prepared to finish it.

"There's a reason why I do all kinds of fighting in the offseason. Cause I'm prepared to f--- somebody up. So, take it as what it is."
Gee, I wonder why dude can't hold a job and got stabbed at a strip club?

Either it was bad baseball or wanting to run into the catcher, but he ran on the grass straight into the tag instead of sliding toward the back of the plate away from the catcher.

And the Fred Sanford shadow boxing was embarrassing.

Re: Former Cardinals Watch

Posted: June 3 24, 7:50 am
by Spider John

Re: Former Cardinals Watch

Posted: June 3 24, 7:59 am
by CardsofSTL
Posted Pham's comments to the press as well as the White Sox broadcast of the play in the Other Games thread if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Re: Former Cardinals Watch

Posted: June 3 24, 8:11 am
by Joe Shlabotnik
What's with the White Sox announcer? MLB as WWE. It's where the whole society is going from the White House on down, eh? I was born at the wrong time. It happens.

Re: Former Cardinals Watch

Posted: June 3 24, 9:00 am
by cardsfantx
WAR God wrote: ↑
June 3 24, 7:12 am
He has mental problems.
Image

Re: Former Cardinals Watch

Posted: June 3 24, 9:44 am
by Joe Shlabotnik