4-27 Post Game Thread

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Post Reply
TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 20007
Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm

Post by TimeForGuinness »

obucard wrote:
Elphie15 wrote:On the bright side... TFG and I are still naked.
Together?
She wishes. :wink:

User avatar
Dillagii
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 7926
Joined: April 18 06, 2:37 pm

Post by Dillagii »

stretch wrote:I've been ready to DFA Wilson from the second we signed him.

Call up Ludwick.
Speez should have pinch hit for K-ton. That was a quality at-bat from Speez in the ninth.

CarpMan
Everyday Player
Posts: 314
Joined: December 4 06, 5:35 pm

Post by CarpMan »

jim wrote:
Radbird wrote:
planet pujolsian wrote:
clevername wrote:I'm really glad we re-signed Jim Edmonds so he can be pinch hit for with So freaking Taguchi in crucial late game situations.
WORD. On the other hand, Preston Wilson is left in to face the righty, no problem.
I'd love to see TLR get grilled about this in the post-game conf. We'd be having an entirely different discussion here if it'd been Edmonds and Speezer in the 8th instead of So and PDub.

I'm far from a LaRussa basher, but I'm really scratching my head at this one.
I didn't mind the PH. Tags is tough to double up, you have a suicide possibility if the count works in your favor.



But, Jim, you HAVE to use Spiezio or the bat boy or someone for Wilson.
That strikeout was soooooooooooooooooo predictable. Why can't LaRussa see the obvious?

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Post by Jocephus »

stretch wrote:I've been ready to DFA Wilson from the second we signed him.

Call up Ludwick.
bernie agrees

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy
Posts: 24904
Joined: April 15 06, 6:25 pm
Location: St. Louis

Post by planet planet »

Also, you can be easily demonized like Kennedy leaving 7 on and rightfully so, but Eck has been just as horrible in a higher profile spot. I know there's a separate thread dedicated to him, but I really hope he turns it on. A high batting average is his only redeeming grace and even that's not good enough to merit a lead off spot.

BTW, what's LaRussa going off about regarding the Cubs?

User avatar
Elphie15
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4625
Joined: May 5 06, 11:07 pm
Location: St. Louis <3

Post by Elphie15 »

TLR is CHEWING OUT Bernie at the moment. :shock:

User avatar
fulldeck
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3239
Joined: April 21 06, 7:31 am
Contact:

Post by fulldeck »

What is going on?

User avatar
Ace
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3781
Joined: April 18 06, 9:36 pm
Location: St. Louis

Post by Ace »

La Russa was pissed.

User avatar
Elphie15
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4625
Joined: May 5 06, 11:07 pm
Location: St. Louis <3

Post by Elphie15 »

That was awesome!!!

User avatar
Ace
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3781
Joined: April 18 06, 9:36 pm
Location: St. Louis

Post by Ace »

For a second there I thought Bernie and Tony were going to throw punches.

Post Reply