5-1 Post "Game" Thread: Optimists Tread Lightly

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Post Reply
AJ

Post by AJ »

If you had told me before the season that Carpenter was going to give us one injury start in April, 10-15 would sound about right.

Add to that Pujols batting .250 at this point, 7-18 would sound about right.

I'm amazed they have won 10 games at this point.

I think a lot of us would have sold our soul to the devil, and had them go 0-162 this season, for a title last year.... especially with all the shortcoming in the playoffs of 00-05.

Can they turn it around this year? Sure, with my Cardinal Red Rose colored glasses on, I think the Brewers will falter and the Cards will take control by July. I don't want to take those glasses off yet.

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25226
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Post by Leroy »

Umm...

Image

I smell something rotten in Cairo.

User avatar
Dillagii
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 7926
Joined: April 18 06, 2:37 pm

Post by Dillagii »

Leroy wrote:Umm...

Image

I smell something rotten in Cairo.
Can anyone guess which game is that?

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25226
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Post by Leroy »

DiLLaGii wrote:
Leroy wrote:Umm...

Image

I smell something rotten in Cairo.
Can anyone guess which game is that?
I'm guessing Pittsburgh. But I think AJ isn't AJ, or wasn't, or isn't. Or something.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Post by Michael »

Leroy wrote:
DiLLaGii wrote:
Leroy wrote:Umm...

Image

I smell something rotten in Cairo.
Can anyone guess which game is that?
I'm guessing Pittsburgh. But I think AJ isn't AJ, or wasn't, or isn't. Or something.

Look at AJ's sig.

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25226
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Post by Leroy »

Michael wrote:Look at AJ's sig.
Sometimes I amaze myself with my geneous.

User avatar
indyredbird
All-Star
Posts: 1336
Joined: September 26 06, 2:35 pm
Location: Whitestown, IN

Post by indyredbird »

According to Jayson Stark, odds are against the Cards after a bad April. Cubs, Stros and Yanks too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/s ... d=tab2pos1

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
Posts: 50393
Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm

Post by jim »

They need to get untracked - PRONTO! They don't have the type of team that can come back from a large deficit, they need to keep things manageable until the AS break, and hopefully make a deal or two to improve the team. I'm not even close to throwing in the towel, but they need to make something happen soon.

I am very much looking forward to seeing if Reyes can build on what I considered an improvement over the past 1 1/2 games.

BTW - speaking of odds, BP has the Cards right now with a 4% chance of winning the division and a 3% chance at a WC.

jagtrader
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12650
Joined: June 5 06, 10:01 am

Post by jagtrader »

jim wrote:They need to get untracked - PRONTO!
Their teammate died four days ago. They're not turning this around in the immediate future.

AJ

Post by AJ »

Michael wrote:
Leroy wrote:
DiLLaGii wrote:
Leroy wrote:Umm...

Image

I smell something rotten in Cairo.
Can anyone guess which game is that?
I'm guessing Pittsburgh. But I think AJ isn't AJ, or wasn't, or isn't. Or something.

Look at AJ's sig.
I did that just to fool Leroy!!! :twisted:

Post Reply