Page 5 of 6

Posted: June 4 07, 1:37 pm
by BW23
Pitching should be bad for just about every team playing today.

Posted: June 4 07, 1:47 pm
by StL Dan
Louisville's offense came to play today.

8 run 1st.

Ouch.

Posted: June 4 07, 1:51 pm
by StL Dan
Jorge Castillo hits a 3R HR off of Stewie Hicks.

15-5 Cards top of the 5th...1 out.

Posted: June 4 07, 3:17 pm
by StL Dan
Well, I guess the Cards came out just a liiiittle bit angrier than the Tigers.

16-6 was the final.

Cards move on to play the Uglyhoma State Cowboys.

Posted: June 5 07, 2:27 pm
by cardinalkarp
I just heard that they started the same starting pitcher on Monday that went on Friday (and threw a 109 pitch complete game)?? Is the coach of Mizzou a complete idiot, seems to me he wanted to lose the game.

Posted: June 5 07, 2:46 pm
by StL Dan
cardinalkarp wrote:I just heard that they started the same starting pitcher on Monday that went on Friday (and threw a 109 pitch complete game)?? Is the coach of Mizzou a complete idiot, seems to me he wanted to lose the game.
You heard right.

Posted: June 5 07, 2:51 pm
by cardinalkarp
StL Dan wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:I just heard that they started the same starting pitcher on Monday that went on Friday (and threw a 109 pitch complete game)?? Is the coach of Mizzou a complete idiot, seems to me he wanted to lose the game.
You heard right.
The guy should be fired.

Posted: June 5 07, 2:58 pm
by Brodie
cardinalkarp wrote:
StL Dan wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:I just heard that they started the same starting pitcher on Monday that went on Friday (and threw a 109 pitch complete game)?? Is the coach of Mizzou a complete idiot, seems to me he wanted to lose the game.
You heard right.
The guy should be fired.
umm and that guy runs a good program, I wonder that bad programs do to pitchers

-Brodie

Posted: June 5 07, 3:14 pm
by cardinalkarp
Brodie wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:
StL Dan wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:I just heard that they started the same starting pitcher on Monday that went on Friday (and threw a 109 pitch complete game)?? Is the coach of Mizzou a complete idiot, seems to me he wanted to lose the game.
You heard right.
The guy should be fired.
umm and that guy runs a good program, I wonder that bad programs do to pitchers

-Brodie
Well how much worse can it get than doing that ALL the time.

Posted: June 5 07, 4:10 pm
by Transmogrified Tiger
cardinalkarp wrote:
Brodie wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:
StL Dan wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:I just heard that they started the same starting pitcher on Monday that went on Friday (and threw a 109 pitch complete game)?? Is the coach of Mizzou a complete idiot, seems to me he wanted to lose the game.
You heard right.
The guy should be fired.
umm and that guy runs a good program, I wonder that bad programs do to pitchers

-Brodie
Well how much worse can it get than doing that ALL the time.
All the time? This was a pretty extreme situation, you're going to be using some tired pitchers when you play you're 4th game in as many days. Jamieson decided to go with the guy who had the most rest(albeit with the most work too), hadn't been seen by Louisville, and was the ace. Obviously, it didn't work out.

On the whole though, Jamieson is awesome. I love how he plays big ball and doesn't waste outs, the whole team has very patient approaches at the plate too. And they have a reputation for developing pitchers very well too.