Oscar Taveras

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
Post Reply
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Fat Strat wrote:Kids never gonna make it with that kind of attitude.
that might not have been 100% true. I am going off somethign I heard and can't find the exact quote.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
Posts: 28010
Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by Fat Strat »

Is this board now incapable of recognizing snark?

That's a great attitude for Miller to have. It goes against what Duncan preaches, but it's the right approach... assuming he can keep his pitch counts down to make it deep into games.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

No I understood it. I just didn't want to put something out there as gospel when I can't find it now.

I have been searching all morning and have heard him a couple times say the contrary (regarding how he feels about getting guys out) and his goal is 1 pitch 1 out. But if he has 2 strikes then 'might as well go ahead and strike him out. I love to strike people out.'

The approach is correct. And, I agree, it's a great approach.

ThreeAces
Veteran Player
Posts: 851
Joined: April 30 06, 6:57 pm

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by ThreeAces »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:No I understood it. I just didn't want to put something out there as gospel when I can't find it now.

I have been searching all morning and have heard him a couple times say the contrary (regarding how he feels about getting guys out) and his goal is 1 pitch 1 out. But if he has 2 strikes then 'might as well go ahead and strike him out. I love to strike people out.'

The approach is correct. And, I agree, it's a great approach.
http://www.kfns.com/TheKingsCourt.aspx

Slaten's interview with Shelby is on page 6.

User avatar
themiddle54
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4524
Joined: August 24 10, 2:49 pm

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by themiddle54 »

Kevin Goldstein wrote:Oscar Taveras, OF, Cardinals (Low-A Quad Cities): 3-for-5, 2B, 3 R, 5 RBI, BB. A ridiculous 23-for-39 (.590) in his last nine games and .396/.440/.585 overall; becoming the guy I'm regretting not putting on the Top 50 with each passing day.

User avatar
themiddle54
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4524
Joined: August 24 10, 2:49 pm

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by themiddle54 »

2 hits and counting tonight, w/ a single and a ground-rule double.

User avatar
Cronos
In perpetuum
Posts: 34778
Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by Cronos »

Currently hitting .405. :shock:

How's his defense? Any chance he pulls a Matt Adams and skips Palm Beach to keep his hot hitting up in the Texas league?

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
Posts: 28010
Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by Fat Strat »

Cronos69 wrote:Currently hitting .405. :shock:

How's his defense? Any chance he pulls a Matt Adams and skips Palm Beach to keep his hot hitting up in the Texas league?
He's just 19. I doubt they will rush him, especially since he's missed so much time with injury. He has less than 190 pa's this season.

User avatar
Cronos
In perpetuum
Posts: 34778
Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by Cronos »

Fat Strat wrote:He's just 19. I doubt they will rush him, especially since he's missed so much time with injury. He has less than 190 pa's this season.
Forgot about the injury, good point.

User avatar
pioneer98
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22007
Joined: July 15 08, 8:24 pm
Location: High A Minors

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by pioneer98 »

Oscar continues to rake. Tonight he was 3 for 5, 2R, 3RBI, with a double.

Post Reply