Page 5 of 19

Re: Panera Bread did it to me again.

Posted: May 2 13, 11:14 pm
by haltz
If you get a sandwich that comes on the hoagie or baguette, ask for the muffuletta instead.

Re: Panera Bread did it to me again.

Posted: May 3 13, 9:44 am
by jim
Back at work, very tired. Worked out this morning and that was better than I thought, but now I could just sleep. The good news is the Chinese I ate sat fine, and this morning I started the final stage of getting everything back in working order: Introducing the necessary drugs back into my system. Coffee this morning, which fixed a wicked headache I had this morning, and tonight I will re-introduce alcohol. Slowly of course, just beer. Tomorrow maybe a Scotch, and then maybe Sunday we will go to Tequilla. Once the Tequilla is back in my system, I'll be 100%.

Re: Panera Bread did it to me again.

Posted: May 3 13, 10:13 am
by Cronos
cardsfansince82 wrote:Tuna is awful in all shapes and forms that aren't sushi. There's a reason we feed it to cats.
Yeah, I could never stand tuna in any form. I eat and enjoy plenty of types of seafood, but tuna ain't one of them.

While we're discussing awesome deli sandwich stops, Pumpernickel's in Creve Coeur is fantastic.

Re: Panera Bread did it to me again.

Posted: May 3 13, 10:32 am
by jim
I don't know how you can like seafood and not like tuna in any form. I can see tuna salad, I can see not liking seafood, but how do you like seafood and not like a seared tuna steak?

Re: Panera Bread did it to me again.

Posted: May 3 13, 10:46 am
by Cronos
I'll admit that my seafood tastes are strange, at least in comparison to most: I hate lobster, for example. And I've had it in Maine, literally brought up from the cove and thrown in the boiler perfectly fresh, and still dislike it. I would like oysters and mussels if I wouldn't keep getting grains of sand and chipping teeth on them as a result, but it keeps happening. Salmon, common fish (trout, orange roughy, mahi-mahi, etc), shrimp, crab, even things like squid and octopus are great to me in the proper context.

Maybe I just haven't had a quality tuna steak, but tuna just always tastes too salty and fishy for me.

Re: Panera Bread did it to me again.

Posted: May 3 13, 12:58 pm
by jim
No, tuna is definitely not salty or fishy. If done correctly, which is completely burnt and seared on the surface with some spices and seasoning, and raw on the inside, a tuna steak is absolutely one of the top three foods in the world. You should give it another shot. If it's tasted salty or fishy, you haven't had it like it's meant to be had.

Also my favorite raw sushi is tuna based. Tuna is the best raw fish out there imo.

Re: Panera Bread did it to me again.

Posted: May 3 13, 1:07 pm
by IndyCards13
This talk of seafood is making me sick in my stomach.

Re: Panera Bread did it to me again.

Posted: May 3 13, 1:10 pm
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
Yeah. Ahi tuna is amazing. Absolutely amazing.

Re: Panera Bread did it to me again.

Posted: May 3 13, 8:57 pm
by jim
Two beers and 15 minutes in the hot tub and I about passed out. Have to ease back into the alcohol injection phase of recovery.

Re: Panera Bread did it to me again.

Posted: May 3 13, 9:02 pm
by docellis
I like all seafood, period. My least favorite is lobster, but I've never eaten it in the north east.