I went to see WCW when they toured the UK in...1999? 2000? It was hideously bad by then. WWE a few times...lots and lots of big indie shows where the promoter would get a former WWE or WCW name to headline...then when I was in Arkansas for a family funeral, I saw a sign for a wrestling show and got to see Doink and Harley Race (although Race didn't wrestle).
I saw NOAH when they toured the UK as well, so got to see Misawa and Kobashi, two of the best wrestlers of all time; Bryan Danielson was on the show too and was fantastic.
Re: PRO wrestling thread
Posted: February 25 15, 12:20 pm
by Fat_Bulldog
My dad took me to the old Kiel several times in the mid to late 80s for WWF.
I saw:
Hulk Hogan
George The Animal Steele
Honky Tonk Man
Junkyard Dog
King Kong Bundy
Macho Man Randy Savage
Jake the Snake Roberts
Ricky The Dragon Steamboat
Just to name a few. It was awesome.
Re: PRO wrestling thread
Posted: March 7 15, 8:07 am
by MrCrowesGarden
If anyone remembers Hugh Morrus from WCW, he's in some pretty deep stuff now.
thats a bummer...i always thought demott was well respected/regarded, etc
Re: PRO wrestling thread
Posted: March 23 15, 1:04 pm
by Famous Mortimer
Enough people are coming out of the woodwork with stories now that he's done, probably for good. Billion-dollar companies can't afford guys like him in major roles.
Glad to see Reigns didn't leave Wrestlemania with the title. Rollins is much better suited to hold it at this point.
Re: PRO wrestling thread
Posted: March 30 15, 8:13 am
by jeffbgoofy
I watched all of Wrestlemania. Pre show included. The Rock/Ronda Rousey part was the highlight of the evening. Some other good points and some predictable parts with a pretty predictable lame ending...