Page 5 of 22
Re: 2022 World Cup
Posted: November 23 22, 7:52 am
by thrill
Will France even want the buds? They don’t seem like a bud crowd.
Re: 2022 World Cup
Posted: November 23 22, 1:14 pm
by BottenFieldofDreams
Maybe it's changed since microbrewmageddon, but I used to have to apologize for Budweiser all the time when I lived overseas and associated with Europeans.
On that note, I might enjoy a Bud right now. I'm totally done with hop-forward beer for at least a long while.
Re: 2022 World Cup
Posted: November 23 22, 1:21 pm
by thrill
England will for sure take the buds. They don't care what beer tastes like as long as it gets them drunk. Belgium...because of inbev they'll take the buds, but they will secretly pour them down the drain. The Netherlands will not take the buds. Spain will take the buds and drink them cold on a beach. Argentina and Brazil will def take the buds.
Re: 2022 World Cup
Posted: November 23 22, 2:38 pm
by Popeye_Card
The Netherlands has generally bad beer. They should take the Buds.
Germany? Germany will most definitely not take the Buds.
Re: 2022 World Cup
Posted: November 23 22, 8:55 pm
by Richie Allen
Popeye_Card wrote: ↑November 23 22, 2:38 pm
Germany? Germany will most definitely not take the Buds.
They have their own Budweiser, don't they?
Re: 2022 World Cup
Posted: November 23 22, 9:38 pm
by Popeye_Card
Richie Allen wrote: ↑November 23 22, 8:55 pm
Popeye_Card wrote: ↑November 23 22, 2:38 pm
Germany? Germany will most definitely not take the Buds.
They have their own Budweiser, don't they?
It is Czech. Budweiser Budvar. They used to market it in the US as Czechvar I think, but I have not seen it in years.
Re: 2022 World Cup
Posted: November 23 22, 10:21 pm
by CardsofSTL
Popeye_Card wrote: ↑November 23 22, 9:38 pm
Richie Allen wrote: ↑November 23 22, 8:55 pm
Popeye_Card wrote: ↑November 23 22, 2:38 pm
Germany? Germany will most definitely not take the Buds.
They have their own Budweiser, don't they?
It is Czech. Budweiser Budvar. They used to market it in the US as Czechvar I think, but I have not seen it in years.
I feel like I saw that recently at one of the small breweries around Columbus. Maybe The Crafty Pint? Anyway I think it can be found still.
Re: 2022 World Cup
Posted: November 24 22, 11:47 am
by BottenFieldofDreams
Do we still really have to ask these questions and write these headlines?
Adams: Win vs England Would Help Sport in US
A women's team in LA averaged 20k fans a game this year. Obviously my perspective presents bias here in Portland--but soccer in the US isn't coming, it's here.
I'm not mad at Adams. That headline from his quote doesn't even make sense. I think at World Cup 2110 Trumptopia some dip [expletive] reporter is going to ask USMNT stars Barry Sanders VII and LeBron James V when soccer is going to pop in the States, because that's what you do in the US when the WC comes around. ( I did not do the math for WC years or family generations. I take no pleasure in being right about the host. But FIFA goes permanent WC there in the 2060s when Bezostan offers puny bribes.)
Re: 2022 World Cup
Posted: November 25 22, 10:33 am
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
So is Iran winning good/bad/indifferent?
Re: 2022 World Cup
Posted: November 25 22, 11:28 am
by BottenFieldofDreams
Gotta be good, right, unless they beat us too?
If you or I wanted to go to World Cup Qatar we could likely make it happen depending on how bad we wanted it and how disciplined or in debt we could bear to be, to varying degrees. I'm curious what this looks like for countries with (presumably) less of a middle class. Ecuador, for example has a per capita GDP OF $6k. Less than a tenth of the US. Who are these fans in Qatar? Rich people? Where does their money come from? Someone show me the blog or podcast on this, immediately. It's hard to Google.
I sure hope that doesn't sound racist or jingo. I'm not claiming any superiority.