The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Michael »

haltz wrote:
Jocephus wrote:hey haltz, i see you are now a silver member...i have two 48 hr codes i can give you if you want 'em...they should work
thanks dude, that'd be great.

Front Office Manager predictably sucks. I don't really know what's going on, like eg, I offered Ludwick and Wellemeyer contracts that they accepted, but when spring training arrived they were free agents. There's some other stuff that doesn't really make sense to me either. It's supposed to be realistic and obviously I'm a huge baseball nerd, so if I can't figure it out then I feel bad for some other people. Looks like it's getting poor ratings.
MLB Front Office Manager bombed, with sales of roughly 15,000 week one across PS3 and Xbox 360.
Link


Sounds like you have a rare collectors item, haltz.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Michael »

I picked up Dead Space last night, and so far I'm loving it. I've never played a video game with such a convincingly horrific atmosphere. While playing it I have an incredible sense of tension and dread. A lot of its success is tied to it's top notch sound design. So if you have a good speaker system or headphones, this is a game you should at the very least rent.

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 20007
Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by TimeForGuinness »

Michael wrote:I picked up Dead Space last night, and so far I'm loving it. I've never played a video game with such a convincingly horrific atmosphere. While playing it I have an incredible sense of tension and dread. A lot of its success is tied to its top notch sound design, so if you have a good speaker system or headphones, this is a game you should at the very least rent.
I felt the same way about the silent hill games.

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18727
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by cardinalkarp »

You guys sure seem like you buy alot of games?? Are you able to beat the other ones that quickly?

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Michael »

dual income, no kids.

User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by haltz »

Michael wrote:Sounds like you have a rare collectors item, haltz.
Not for long. I'm going to try and sell it or trade it right now. I'd hang on to it and try and cash in later, but it's sitting on my shelf mocking me, like a personal affront in a box.

User avatar
clevername
Bringer of FRBG
Posts: 10380
Joined: April 16 06, 7:13 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by clevername »

Just started Dead Space myself. Incredible atmosphere, much like what Biosphere was able to do but this seems more on the horror side of things. Admittedly, I don't usually go for the horror games, but so far I'm enjoying this. Of course, it has much freer movement than the RE games, so I feel a bit more in control.

But a beautiful game with tremendous sound.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Michael »

clevername wrote:Just started Dead Space myself. Incredible atmosphere, much like what Biosphere was able to do but this seems more on the horror side of things. Admittedly, I don't usually go for the horror games, but so far I'm enjoying this. Of course, it has much freer movement than the RE games, so I feel a bit more in control.

But a beautiful game with tremendous sound.

If you wait about 45 sec after the main title screen appears there's an awesome game teaser that plays an unexpected, yet perfect song.

User avatar
Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators
Posts: 11413
Joined: April 21 06, 3:31 pm
Location: I Read the News Today Oh, boy

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Tambourine Man »

Who needs a 48 Hour Pass? I just opened my GOW2 and saw that it has one. I'll PM the code to the first reply in this thread.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Jocephus »

Tambourine Man wrote:Who needs a 48 Hour Pass? I just opened my GOW2 and saw that it has one. I'll PM the code to the first reply in this thread.
yeah, same here...i gave haltz two of my gold passes

Post Reply