Page 41 of 200

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: February 14 14, 10:00 am
by JL21
Sweet Child O' Mine, covered New Orleans-style. Let's discuss all the ways in which this is a thousand times better than the original:

[/youtube]

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: February 14 14, 1:02 pm
by go birds
So as mentioned, Weezer will be playing the ryman for two nights as part of a "Blue Album Anniversary" tour.

The first night the will be playing the blue album all the way through so naturally that one sold at INSTANTLY.

I was only able to snag a single ticket for the next night, Pinkerton Album. I am PISSED because amex had a presale that i didn't find out about until it was too late.

Not really thrilled but...oh well, i figure i'll prolly never get a chance to see them again, so what the hey.

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: February 14 14, 1:48 pm
by StatmanCrothers
Here's something

http://youtu.be/aP_-P_BS6KY
[/youtube]

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: February 14 14, 4:18 pm
by TimeForGuinness
[/youtube]

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: February 14 14, 4:26 pm
by heyzeus
go birds wrote:So as mentioned, Weezer will be playing the ryman for two nights as part of a "Blue Album Anniversary" tour.

The first night the will be playing the blue album all the way through so naturally that one sold at INSTANTLY.

I was only able to snag a single ticket for the next night, Pinkerton Album. I am PISSED because amex had a presale that i didn't find out about until it was too late.

Not really thrilled but...oh well, i figure i'll prolly never get a chance to see them again, so what the hey.
It's cool though, because Pinkerton is better than the Blue Album.

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: February 15 14, 5:12 pm
by The Third Man
TimeForGuinness wrote:...and if you don't have anything by Sigur Ros, then I suggest their whole collection
Sigur Ros, the most impossible-to-discuss band ever in real life. "Oh, my favorite of theirs is A-jitt-is Beer-gin. I really like that song Fl...flugu...actually you know what I really like? Parentheses. Untitled is awesome. No, not the second untitled, the seventh one. Oh [expletive] this let's talk about Mogwai or something."

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: February 16 14, 11:09 am
by go birds
heyzeus wrote:
go birds wrote:So as mentioned, Weezer will be playing the ryman for two nights as part of a "Blue Album Anniversary" tour.

The first night the will be playing the blue album all the way through so naturally that one sold at INSTANTLY.

I was only able to snag a single ticket for the next night, Pinkerton Album. I am PISSED because amex had a presale that i didn't find out about until it was too late.

Not really thrilled but...oh well, i figure i'll prolly never get a chance to see them again, so what the hey.
It's cool though, because Pinkerton is better than the Blue Album.
you bite your tongue

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: February 16 14, 7:57 pm
by Jocephus
you should:

like les claypool
like only steel guitars
like covers

les claypools "Duo de twang" is so awesome

these 2 are on youtube so far, i might put a couple on too if they aint up soon

stayin' alive
[/youtube]

man in the box
[/youtube]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duo_de_Twang

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: February 16 14, 9:40 pm
by stlouie_lipp
I tried to PM you a few weeks ago about that. I discovered you don't accept PMs. "Duo de twang" is the [expletive].

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: February 17 14, 8:22 am
by TimeForGuinness
The Third Man wrote:
TimeForGuinness wrote:...and if you don't have anything by Sigur Ros, then I suggest their whole collection
Sigur Ros, the most impossible-to-discuss band ever in real life. "Oh, my favorite of theirs is A-jitt-is Beer-gin. I really like that song Fl...flugu...actually you know what I really like? Parentheses. Untitled is awesome. No, not the second untitled, the seventh one. Oh [expletive] this let's talk about Mogwai or something."
This is why I just suggest their whole collection...because everything is amazing.