Page 41 of 43

Re: Every Year is the Year of Star Trek

Posted: August 12 23, 1:42 pm
by G. Keenan
Ok, I'm getting Trek FOMO from lurking this thread. I haven't seen any of the new Trek that's come out in like the past 10 years. Where should I start?

Re: Every Year is the Year of Star Trek

Posted: August 12 23, 3:29 pm
by CardsofSTL
G. Keenan wrote: ↑
August 12 23, 1:42 pm
Ok, I'm getting Trek FOMO from lurking this thread. I haven't seen any of the new Trek that's come out in like the past 10 years. Where should I start?
You can pick up at the beginning of most any series without being lost. Lower Decks does the most callbacks to older Trek like TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager so there's lots of funny inside jokes there. I think watching Discovery Season 2 before Strange New Worlds would be useful because you'll get introduced to Anson Mount's portrayal of Captain Pike as well as Ethan Peck's Spock. Not necessarily a must do but I think the context is nice to have. Picard can be picked up without watching anything else first. Same with Prodigy if you decide to watch everything.

Re: Every Year is the Year of Star Trek

Posted: August 14 23, 8:18 am
by thrill
I would second the Discovery through S2 thing if you really want to know everything that's going on. If you just want to watch the good stuff and don't need to see everything, just watch Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds from the beginning and I'll give you a one paragraph spoiler DM about everything that happened in Discovery S2 that sets up SNW.

Re: Every Year is the Year of Star Trek

Posted: November 3 23, 6:58 pm
by CardsofSTL
Fourth season of Lower Decks is complete.

If you use code STLD before November 10 you can get one month free of Paramount+ to binge all your favorite Star Trek (and other) series!

Re: Every Year is the Year of Star Trek

Posted: November 9 23, 2:31 pm
by CardsofSTL
CardsofSTL wrote: ↑
November 3 23, 6:58 pm
Fourth season of Lower Decks is complete.

If you use code STLD before November 10 you can get one month free of Paramount+ to binge all your favorite Star Trek (and other) series!
The code for a free month of Paramount+ expires tomorrow!!!!

Re: Every Year is the Year of Star Trek

Posted: November 11 23, 5:50 am
by AdmiralKird
Paramount+ might be worth getting if they allowed you to buffer shows at the start instead of instantly loading you up a 360p stream for the first whole minute. Otherwise I'll stick to my own collections.

Re: Every Year is the Year of Star Trek

Posted: November 11 23, 1:16 pm
by CardsofSTL
Could of just said no thanks.

Or maybe not said anything at all.

Re: Every Year is the Year of Star Trek

Posted: November 15 23, 12:20 pm
by thrill
I haven't noticed that issue on my apple tv paramount + app.

Re: Every Year is the Year of Star Trek

Posted: November 15 23, 12:54 pm
by CardsofSTL
I've never had the issue either but #narratives

Re: Every Year is the Year of Star Trek

Posted: May 29 24, 8:25 am
by GeddyWrox
Image