The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Michael »

Rumor has it MS is going to lower the price of live, and that's why there's been so many gold deals floating around.

User avatar
Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators
Posts: 11413
Joined: April 21 06, 3:31 pm
Location: I Read the News Today Oh, boy

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Tambourine Man »

Michael wrote:Rumor has it MS is going to lower the price of live, and that's why there's been so many gold deals floating around.
Really? I'm good through January 2010, but I'd be curious to see what they lower it to.

BTW, I finally beat GOW1. When I first started playing it, the movement bothered the hell out of me...probably not the best game to play directly after Halo3. I found myself constantly wanting to jump and that just doesn't happen with GOW.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Michael »

It's really easy to find 13 mos for 30 bucks online, so I figure it'll be around that price range.

So are you digging the cover system now? They improved the feel in 2.

You, joc, and I have to play some horde and co-op together.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Jocephus »

Michael wrote:It's really easy to find 13 mos for 30 bucks online, so I figure it'll be around that price range.

So are you digging the cover system now? They improved the feel in 2.

You, joc, and I have to play some horde and co-op together.
hell yeah

i love taking cover behind tables..except they only let you do that in the first chapter or so

User avatar
Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators
Posts: 11413
Joined: April 21 06, 3:31 pm
Location: I Read the News Today Oh, boy

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Tambourine Man »

Yeah, I do enjoy it now. It just took sitting down and giving it a chance to get used to it. I was tempted to call in sick today to mess around with GOW2, but I'm gonna go in and leave a couple hours early. Definitely wanna try some coop stuff.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Michael »

Jocephus wrote:
Michael wrote:It's really easy to find 13 mos for 30 bucks online, so I figure it'll be around that price range.

So are you digging the cover system now? They improved the feel in 2.

You, joc, and I have to play some horde and co-op together.
hell yeah

i love taking cover behind tables..except they only let you do that in the first chapter or so

I notice you've been playing L4D. I really enjoyed it but without some good coop buddies I figured it'd suck online. If you don't mind playing with a noob, I would enjoy tagging along with you sometime.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Jocephus »

Michael wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
Michael wrote:It's really easy to find 13 mos for 30 bucks online, so I figure it'll be around that price range.

So are you digging the cover system now? They improved the feel in 2.

You, joc, and I have to play some horde and co-op together.
hell yeah

i love taking cover behind tables..except they only let you do that in the first chapter or so

I notice you've been playing L4D. I really enjoyed it but, without some good coop buddies, I figured it'd suck online. If you don't mind playing with a noob, I wouldn't mind tagging along with you sometime.
hell yeah man...im really diggin it...do you own it? 'cause i dont see you playin it...or at least, haven't noticed it...but fwiw, its really not bad without co-op buddies...the AI-controlled teammates can get annoying but they generally do what they should...but when you play with random people, most likely you'll find enough good/decent/nice players to play with...although, l4d has its share of a-holes...but man its great...its never, ever, ever the same

i definitely wouldn't mind playing some gow2...i dont think ive played another game since ive gotten l4d (about 2 weeks)...but, you can't play with more than 2 people on teh campaign, right? itd be sweet if we could all play the campaign...oh well, can't go wrong with "horde"...horde's relaly the only MP mode i play on with gow2...the rest are way too tough for me

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Michael »

Yeah, I got L4D back in Dec.

User avatar
AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD
Posts: 10174
Joined: March 7 07, 4:50 pm
Location: Tycho Crater, Luna

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by AdmiralKird »

Michael wrote:
Tambourine Man wrote:Full Spectrum Warrior was a game I really enjoyed on the first gen box, so I'm looking forward to Halo Wars. I'm digging the demo.

I think multiplayer is going to be a hoot.

Halo Wars will be the first RTS I've played since C&C 1.
Epic > Hoot

[SHOW]
Image
Image

versus

Image
Image

User avatar
PujolJunkie
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 10370
Joined: March 22 07, 4:54 pm
Location: north county, stl
Contact:

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by PujolJunkie »

If anybody wants to play L4D or GOW2, I'm down for it. sXeSTL is the GamerTag. Just add me. I haven't been on lately but just send me a message or something and I'll be there. I've gotten really good at both of them, so I won't be dead weight, hopefully.

Post Reply