Page 42 of 211

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: August 23 11, 9:40 am
by robbotis
thrill wrote:3 goals in two games for Jozy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Av5NVFCZO0
I like it.
I hope he keeps scoring.

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: August 23 11, 11:11 am
by lukethedrifter
thrill wrote:3 goals in two games for Jozy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Av5NVFCZO0
\

That team in black was terrible.



Also, I didn't want to clutter ironMike's kids thread with this so here it goes: The nephew got a full scholarship and is starting in goal as a freshman at Georgetown.

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: August 23 11, 12:29 pm
by robbotis
lukethedrifter wrote:
thrill wrote:3 goals in two games for Jozy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Av5NVFCZO0
\

That team in black was terrible.



Also, I didn't want to clutter ironMike's kids thread with this so here it goes: The nephew got a full scholarship and is starting in goal as a freshman at Georgetown.

Nice. That's gotta be fun!

I hear Arsenal has made an offer to Red Bulls for Tim Ream.
That would be nice too.

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: August 23 11, 2:29 pm
by thrill
Ream is too weak and passive for Arsenal. Maybe he could learn on the job, but I'd be dubious of that potential move.

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: August 24 11, 10:09 am
by robbotis
thrill wrote:Ream is too weak and passive for Arsenal. Maybe he could learn on the job, but I'd be dubious of that potential move.
It's Arsenal. They're lame anyway. Seriously, what are they gonna do w/ all the cheddar from selling Fabergas and Nasri!?!

George John to Blackburn for $2.5 million.
Does he have a Team USA future?

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: August 24 11, 10:13 am
by thrill
robbotis wrote:George John to Blackburn for $2.5 million.
Does he have a Team USA future?
I'd put good money on a call up for next month's friendlies. He'll definitely get a look.

It's going to be interesting to watch him because although a solid player, he's never gotten the hype that Omar Gonzalez, Tim Ream, Chad Marshall, insert well known MLS American center back here got and yet he's playing in the EPL now. The EU passport plays into that big time, but it speaks to the growing quality of MLS.

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: August 24 11, 11:30 am
by robbotis
thrill wrote:
robbotis wrote:George John to Blackburn for $2.5 million.
Does he have a Team USA future?
I'd put good money on a call up for next month's friendlies. He'll definitely get a look.

It's going to be interesting to watch him because although a solid player, he's never gotten the hype that Omar Gonzalez, Tim Ream, Chad Marshall, insert well known MLS American center back here got and yet he's playing in the EPL now. The EU passport plays into that big time, but it speaks to the growing quality of MLS.
Another MLS team won in Mexico last night!
Seattle beat Monterrey, the defending champ, in Monterrey. Awesome!
Huge, 2 in a year, after what a 25 year drought.
I'd love to see 3 of the 4 finalists in the CONCACAF Champions League be MLS teams.

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: August 25 11, 11:16 am
by thrill
Champions League Draw.

Awesome:
Group A
Bayern Munich
Manchester City
Napoli
Villarreal


Good:
Group H
AC Milan
FC BATE Borisov
FC Barcelona
FC Viktoria Plzeň

Group F
Arsenal
Borussia Dortmund
Olympiakos
Olympique Marseille

Meh:
Group B
CSKA Moscow
Inter Milan
Lille
Trabzonspor

Group C
Basel
Benfica
Manchester United
FC Oţelul Galaţi

Group D
Ajax
Dinamo Zagreb
Lyon
Real Madrid

Group E
Bayer Leverkusen
Chelsea
Genk
Valencia

Group G
APOEL FC
FC Porto
Shakhtar Donetsk
Zenit St Petersburg

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: August 25 11, 1:33 pm
by thrill
robbotis wrote:
thrill wrote:3 goals in two games for Jozy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Av5NVFCZO0
I like it.
I hope he keeps scoring.
Make it 4 goals in 3 games. Just scored in the UEFA cup.

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: August 25 11, 2:12 pm
by thrill
thrill wrote:
robbotis wrote:
thrill wrote:3 goals in two games for Jozy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Av5NVFCZO0
I like it.
I hope he keeps scoring.
Make it 4 goals in 3 games. Just scored in the UEFA cup.
My bad, spoke too soon. He scored again. Make that 5 goals, 3 games.

IT'S ALL HAPPENING, ROBBOTIS!
http://www.noshortcorners.com/2011/08/j ... dated.html