Page 415 of 528
Re: Random musings
Posted: May 7 19, 12:34 pm
by tlombard
I didn't feel too bad once I managed to get a solid 8 hours of sleep but by that point it was already 11am and I'd emailed my boss telling him I wasn't coming in a few hours before so I just stayed home. I felt bad about it but I get five weeks of vacation a year and rarely use even three of it so taking a day like that doesn't make me feel bad in the end (or deciding to leave a little bit early on a Friday or something like that). My work gets done and people get paid there commission on time and that's all that really matters.
Re: Random musings
Posted: May 8 19, 5:27 pm
by Michael
My very urban concrete jungle dwelling brain cannot process what's going on in
this commercial. I have so many questions.
Re: Random musings
Posted: May 8 19, 5:52 pm
by lukethedrifter
Michael wrote:My very urban concrete jungle dwelling brain cannot process what's going on in
this commercial. I have so many questions.
I like tractors. I’m anti-perfect lawn. Ergo, I’m torn.
Re: Random musings
Posted: May 9 19, 4:02 pm
by Jocephus
i hate myself for even saying it but amazing the difference a quick vacuum can do on bringing life back to the carpet
and i mean that literally not some innuendo
Re: Random musings
Posted: May 16 19, 11:45 am
by heyzeus
I wonder how many edgy teens who loved Cartman ripping on Jews grew up to be actual anti-semites.
Re: Random musings
Posted: May 16 19, 2:40 pm
by CardsofSTL
heyzeus wrote:I wonder how many edgy teens who loved Cartman ripping on Jews grew up to be actual anti-semites.
I can't believe how long South Park has been around.
I was not an edgy teen back then though, but I am now.
Re: Random musings
Posted: May 16 19, 2:42 pm
by Jocephus
now they get their anti semitism from pewdiepie and other youtubers
Re: Random musings
Posted: May 16 19, 3:09 pm
by wart57
Jocephus wrote:now they get their anti semitism from pewdiepie and other youtubers
And members of Congress.
Re: Random musings
Posted: May 16 19, 3:19 pm
by heyzeus
You're all correct, but I was just reflecting back on the overall tone and takeway of South Park - anyone who cares is lame and to be made fun of, and bigotry is hilarious. It was a deeply nihilistic show (maybe it still is, I haven't watched in years) and I can see how it was inspirational for a generation of angry young men who moved straight into 4chan and its progeny and now are the "alt right" or online neo nazi edgelords.
Re: Random musings
Posted: May 16 19, 3:24 pm
by Jocephus
yea i couldn't tell you how the show is, gotta be at least 10 years for me since i've seen. i believe matt and trey consider themselves libertarian so who knows what their ultimate beliefs are but i do/did trust *them* to be able to tow that line of crass humor, etc but do the viewers understand that line? gotta be a fair amount that don't understand or choose not to see how the show satires things (from what i remember the show being that is). perhaps you can say that about anything. what worries me about YT'ers is that YT gives this veneer of "genuineness" because its not some big produced piece of content on tv or in theaters so people don't recognize it as a show/entertainment either.