Page 419 of 529

Re: Random musings

Posted: June 12 19, 8:20 pm
by CardsofSTL
G. Keenan wrote:
wart57 wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
wart57 wrote:Damn, Raising Cane's is [expletive] awesome.
Reiterating a formal opinion or was this the first time you tried them?
Had it for lunch today. I feel this way every time I eat Cane's. Damn, this is good [expletive].
What is Raising Cane's? Those words mean literally nothing to me. Is that a restaurant?

Fast food; specializing in chicken tenders. It is pretty good especially after a late night of debauchery.

Re: Random musings

Posted: June 12 19, 11:59 pm
by InvincibleCakeEater
G. Keenan wrote:
wart57 wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
wart57 wrote:Damn, Raising Cane's is [expletive] awesome.
Reiterating a formal opinion or was this the first time you tried them?
Had it for lunch today. I feel this way every time I eat Cane's. Damn, this is good [expletive].
What is Raising Cane's? Those words mean literally nothing to me. Is that a restaurant?
Mediocre fast food chicken tender joint with weird sauces. Nothing special IMO, but to their credit it is breaded and fried to order.

Re: Random musings

Posted: June 13 19, 8:16 am
by CardsofSTL
The sauce is great; nothing mediocre about it.

Re: Random musings

Posted: June 13 19, 9:35 am
by G. Keenan
CardsofSTL wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
wart57 wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
wart57 wrote:Damn, Raising Cane's is [expletive] awesome.
Reiterating a formal opinion or was this the first time you tried them?
Had it for lunch today. I feel this way every time I eat Cane's. Damn, this is good [expletive].
What is Raising Cane's? Those words mean literally nothing to me. Is that a restaurant?

Fast food; specializing in chicken tenders. It is pretty good especially after a late night of debauchery.
Cool. Weird name for a restaurant.

Re: Random musings

Posted: June 13 19, 9:37 am
by CardsofSTL
G. Keenan wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
wart57 wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
wart57 wrote:Damn, Raising Cane's is [expletive] awesome.
Reiterating a formal opinion or was this the first time you tried them?
Had it for lunch today. I feel this way every time I eat Cane's. Damn, this is good [expletive].
What is Raising Cane's? Those words mean literally nothing to me. Is that a restaurant?

Fast food; specializing in chicken tenders. It is pretty good especially after a late night of debauchery.
Cool. Weird name for a restaurant.

It's named after the founder's dog.

Re: Random musings

Posted: June 13 19, 9:48 am
by G. Keenan
Was the dog named Cane, or Raising Cane? It's the use of a verb in the gerund in a restaurant's name that weirds me out.

I guess you could have a restaurant called Charlie's Eating or something like that. Enjoying Sam's. Loving Earl's. Digesting Tom's. Kissing Cousins'. Wait what.

Re: Random musings

Posted: June 13 19, 9:56 am
by CardsofSTL
From their website
The name of the restaurant was going to be “Sockeye’s Chicken Fingers” after the Sockeye salmon I fished for in Alaska to raise money to start the restaurant. Luckily, a friend convinced me to name the first restaurant after my dog, “Raising Cane. ”During the renovation of the first restaurant, Raising Cane used to hang around the building site. The first Cane was a friendly, yellow lab who loved to be around people. Raising Cane I has since passed away. My wife Gwen surprised me with a yellow lab puppy one Christmas and I fittingly named her Raising Cane II to continue the legacy of our namesake. Cane II has become a very popular and well-known dog and stays busy with restaurant visits, community activities, and is often with us at our Restaurant Support Office. As a certified pet therapy dog, Cane II takes weekly visits with Gwen to Children’s Hospitals.

Re: Random musings

Posted: June 13 19, 10:15 am
by wart57
The Texas toast is damn good too...

Re: Random musings

Posted: June 13 19, 12:25 pm
by G. Keenan
Huh, so the dog's name was Raising Cane. Weird.

Re: Random musings

Posted: June 13 19, 12:39 pm
by stlouie_lipp
I think they just opened one in Naperville. Keen you can pick up Michael and I'll meet you guys there. It's about the half way point.