Page 428 of 528
Re: Random musings
Posted: July 20 19, 9:28 am
by Freed Roger
Free Busch beer for life Anyone?
I am not sure I would want free any one beer for life.
https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/busc ... ret-pop-up
Re: Random musings
Posted: July 20 19, 9:58 am
by redbirdjazzz
If somebody wanted to give me free Fuller's ESB or Samuel Smith's Organic Pale Ale for life, I wouldn't mind too much, but those are actual beers, not stale popcorn steeped in seltzer water and urine.
Re: Random musings
Posted: July 20 19, 10:20 am
by lukethedrifter
True story; i dang near headed down for this thing.
Re: Random musings
Posted: July 20 19, 10:22 am
by Smith Corks One
I kind of want to see what the deal is, but definitely don't want to give Fox News a click.
Re: Random musings
Posted: July 21 19, 2:47 am
by Freed Roger
Local restaurant Grace Meat + 3 handed me a free beer on Father's Day. Hit the spot.
Re: Random musings
Posted: July 22 19, 2:09 pm
by tlombard
My boss clearly does not share my care free attitude when it comes to scheduling travel and willingness to take the route that isn't necessarily the most direct and it can cause some hilarious reactions as far as I'm concerned.
I recently booked my travel to Boston next month and today when he saw the email for him to approve, he immediately sent me an IM that just started, "Tony! What are you doing? Why are you flying into Rhode Island???"
Once I explained that Providence was only an hour via train, costs only $10 for that train and was the best option when it comes to getting in early enough to still be able to make the game without flying in earlier Saturday and spending another $250 night at the hotel, he agreed that it wasn't as crazy as he first thought. It isn't my money so I shouldn't care about what it costs but still, I find it oddly entertaining to get creative and find ways to save money and have a little adventure at the same time. I freely admit that I am a weird one.
Some of the other options that were presented to me involved multiple connections and were even more expensive. One option had me flying from St. Louis to Denver with a layover and then from Denver to LAX with a layover and then flying from LAX to Boston. I really don't want to be on planes that flipping long. Forget that mess.
Re: Random musings
Posted: July 22 19, 4:45 pm
by InvincibleCakeEater
tlombard wrote:My boss clearly does not share my care free attitude when it comes to scheduling travel and willingness to take the route that isn't necessarily the most direct and it can cause some hilarious reactions as far as I'm concerned.
I recently booked my travel to Boston next month and today when he saw the email for him to approve, he immediately sent me an IM that just started, "Tony! What are you doing? Why are you flying into Rhode Island???"
Once I explained that Providence was only an hour via train, costs only $10 for that train and was the best option when it comes to getting in early enough to still be able to make the game without flying in earlier Saturday and spending another $250 night at the hotel, he agreed that it wasn't as crazy as he first thought. It isn't my money so I shouldn't care about what it costs but still, I find it oddly entertaining to get creative and find ways to save money and have a little adventure at the same time. I freely admit that I am a weird one.
Some of the other options that were presented to me involved multiple connections and were even more expensive. One option had me flying from St. Louis to Denver with a layover and then from Denver to LAX with a layover and then flying from LAX to Boston. I really don't want to be on planes that flipping long. Forget that mess.
Don't
Re: Random musings
Posted: July 24 19, 10:54 am
by heyzeus
One of my partners just showed up to a 2 hr mandatory meeting with the entire pot of coffee from the office kitchen. Total boss move.
Re: Random musings
Posted: July 25 19, 7:23 am
by CardsofSTL
I had an appointment two weeks ago to get my haircut and I had to cancel it because of a work conflict. I haven't been able to get in to see my usual barber because apparently he has become popular enough that you have to schedule your appointments about a month in advance. So I went to Not so Great Clips and she scalped me. It will grow back; but blah.
Re: Random musings
Posted: July 25 19, 3:30 pm
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
lukethedrifter wrote:I totally disagree that free stuff is always worth it. Usually it isn’t.
Free stuff, like the clap, is totally not worth it.