Page 430 of 528

Re: Random musings

Posted: August 1 19, 10:31 am
by Arthur Dent
*accidental edit*

Re: Random musings

Posted: August 1 19, 11:44 am
by Jocephus
thanks FB, thrill and AD...and good luck to you as well sir!

Re: Random musings

Posted: August 1 19, 11:57 am
by Radbird
Hope it works out for you, Joce. And AD too.

Re: Random musings

Posted: August 1 19, 2:56 pm
by wart57
My wife wants to move back to the Midwest - I told her to find a good job and we can go.

Re: Random musings

Posted: August 1 19, 6:15 pm
by Radbird
wart57 wrote:My wife wants to move back to the Midwest - I told her to find a good job and we can go.
I tried that once. Mrs Rad said bye, have a nice life.

Re: Random musings

Posted: August 2 19, 9:57 am
by wart57
Radbird wrote:
wart57 wrote:My wife wants to move back to the Midwest - I told her to find a good job and we can go.
I tried that once. Mrs Rad said bye, have a nice life.
The first Mrs. Wart said the same thing...

Re: Random musings

Posted: August 2 19, 10:24 am
by G. Keenan
Arthur Dent wrote:
Jocephus wrote:an update... got an on campus interview at colorado mesa. working out flight details but supposed to be on 8/14. still not trying to think too much on it, just enjoy the experience. i've never been "requested" for, well, anything, so i kinda feel like a cool customer right now. i so often feel inept in life...i need to correct that.
Awesome!

Job hunting myself right now and love to hear good news.

Hoping the experience for me will also feel like opportunity to choose my life instead of always being trapped by employers.
Rock it, homies.

I too have been feeling like it's time to get out there and look for a new job. Trying to overcome the inertia and self-doubt and get the ball rolling.

Re: Random musings

Posted: August 2 19, 11:12 am
by CardsofSTL
G. Keenan wrote:
Arthur Dent wrote:
Jocephus wrote:an update... got an on campus interview at colorado mesa. working out flight details but supposed to be on 8/14. still not trying to think too much on it, just enjoy the experience. i've never been "requested" for, well, anything, so i kinda feel like a cool customer right now. i so often feel inept in life...i need to correct that.
Awesome!

Job hunting myself right now and love to hear good news.

Hoping the experience for me will also feel like opportunity to choose my life instead of always being trapped by employers.
Rock it, homies.

I too have been feeling like it's time to get out there and look for a new job. Trying to overcome the inertia and self-doubt and get the ball rolling.
I need to hire about 78 people this October if you all want to come work for me. The pay sucks and the benefits are crap unless you are management. You will not be management. Thankfully; I am management and will prosper from the fruit of your labors.

Re: Random musings

Posted: August 2 19, 11:25 am
by G. Keenan
CardsofSTL wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
Arthur Dent wrote:
Jocephus wrote:an update... got an on campus interview at colorado mesa. working out flight details but supposed to be on 8/14. still not trying to think too much on it, just enjoy the experience. i've never been "requested" for, well, anything, so i kinda feel like a cool customer right now. i so often feel inept in life...i need to correct that.
Awesome!

Job hunting myself right now and love to hear good news.

Hoping the experience for me will also feel like opportunity to choose my life instead of always being trapped by employers.
Rock it, homies.

I too have been feeling like it's time to get out there and look for a new job. Trying to overcome the inertia and self-doubt and get the ball rolling.
I need to hire about 78 people this October if you all want to come work for me. The pay sucks and the benefits are crap unless you are management. You will not be management. Thankfully; I am management and will prosper from the fruit of your labors.
Just wait until we get our feet in the door. Management cannot suppress the GRB faction forever. Our inevitable grievances will be addressed!

Re: Random musings

Posted: August 9 19, 12:14 pm
by wart57
Home made Tuna Salad sandwich on multigrain bread - yum.