The Video Game Thread
- ghostrunner
- GOAT
- Posts: 30835
- Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
I'm about to go check, but I understand the MLB 2k9 demo is up.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
im downloading it now. andthe firstreviews (from an xbox forum) arethat it is bad...ghostrunner wrote:I'm about to go check, but I understand the MLB 2k9 demo is up.
- haltz
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 22630
- Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
- Location: a proud midwestern metropolis
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
The pitches look really slow. Maybe I can actually tell balls and strikes for once in a baseball game.
edit - oops, that autoplays. link
edit - oops, that autoplays. link
- ghostrunner
- GOAT
- Posts: 30835
- Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
I just finished the demo - I think it's pretty good. It's a really different game from the past couple of years too. The hit variety is really nice. I hit to just about every part of the field and in different ways- liners, fly balls, balls up the middle.
I'm not sure what to attribute it to, but it feels faster.
The default angle when you're pitching feels a little funny. I hope you can change that in the full version. I had a couple problems fielding - overran a few balls, but I think I just need to get used to the controls. One time my second baseman just stood there on a ball that went right by him and I couldn't seem to move him.
The music was a lot better last year - looks like they've got a bunch of classic rock in there this time.
I'm not sure what to attribute it to, but it feels faster.
The default angle when you're pitching feels a little funny. I hope you can change that in the full version. I had a couple problems fielding - overran a few balls, but I think I just need to get used to the controls. One time my second baseman just stood there on a ball that went right by him and I couldn't seem to move him.
The music was a lot better last year - looks like they've got a bunch of classic rock in there this time.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
im gonna have to wait 'till tomorrow to try it, but im looking forward to it now after your review!
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
im definitely diggin' the 2k09 demo...now granted, ive only played the 2k08 demo, but this one seems so much better than that version...i just rocked the phils as the rays, hittin home runs, gettin hits, strikin them out...theres a few things that im not a fan of, or wonder about, but it seems good and hopefully the full version will have good options
i think im gonna get it tuesday
i think im gonna get it tuesday
- cpebbles
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 8829
- Joined: August 30 07, 12:28 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Does every LF in the game still pull a Torii Hunter and climb the fence to steal a HR at least 5 times per game? I haven't bothered to buy a new version after 2k7 because I'm still back in the '08 season on my franchise, but my annoyance at that one little anachronism has been building for almost 3 years now.
BTW, I still can't find any option to auto-sign in, but as long as I manually sign in while the game is loading it works as it did before, so that's manageable.
BTW, I still can't find any option to auto-sign in, but as long as I manually sign in while the game is loading it works as it did before, so that's manageable.
-
Michael
- GRB Founder
- Posts: 35303
- Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
cpebbles wrote:Does every LF in the game still pull a Torii Hunter and climb the fence to steal a HR at least 5 times per game? I haven't bothered to buy a new version after 2k7 because I'm still back in the '08 season on my franchise, but my annoyance at that one little anachronism has been building for almost 3 years now.
BTW, I still can't find any option to auto-sign in, but as long as I manually sign in while the game is loading it works as it did before, so that's manageable.
I remember in a game Adam Dunn climbed the wall stole a HR. Twice.
- PujolJunkie
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 10370
- Joined: March 22 07, 4:54 pm
- Location: north county, stl
- Contact:
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Adam Dunn is very tall and this is feasible.Michael wrote:cpebbles wrote:Does every LF in the game still pull a Torii Hunter and climb the fence to steal a HR at least 5 times per game? I haven't bothered to buy a new version after 2k7 because I'm still back in the '08 season on my franchise, but my annoyance at that one little anachronism has been building for almost 3 years now.
BTW, I still can't find any option to auto-sign in, but as long as I manually sign in while the game is loading it works as it did before, so that's manageable.
I remember in a game Adam Dunn climbed the wall stole a HR. Twice.
- cpebbles
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 8829
- Joined: August 30 07, 12:28 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Can't remember if it was Dunn, but five of the first six outs I made in a game once were made by one of those lumbering LFs stealing HRs. It's absolutely ridiculous.

