Page 44 of 73

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Posted: January 20 14, 10:06 am
by ZigZagCardsFan
This is gold:

[/youtube]

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Posted: January 20 14, 10:13 am
by Socnorb11
stlouie_lipp wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Jocephus wrote:hah that interview was intense
I had the volume down what did he say?
oh just screaming...called crabtree a sorry receiver...very loud, intense... talkin trash, not answering the question...
Once a game is decided, I click it off. No interest in watching bozos.
+++

And I don't turn it on until the ball is in the air.

Probably not a horrible idea.

I kinda enjoy observing the personalities though. It makes the game a little more interesting for me.

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Posted: January 20 14, 10:50 am
by Freed Roger
Socnorb11 wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Jocephus wrote:hah that interview was intense
I had the volume down what did he say?
oh just screaming...called crabtree a sorry receiver...very loud, intense... talkin trash, not answering the question...
Once a game is decided, I click it off. No interest in watching bozos.
+++

And I don't turn it on until the ball is in the air.
Probably not a horrible idea.

I kinda enjoy observing the personalities though. It makes the game a little more interesting for me.
When my team does well, I take in as much gratuitous postgame crap as possible. Other than that, knowing faux personalities makes the game less enjoyable. My wife gets mad when I dont watch the celebrations. So I flip it to Chopped and she soon forgets about the game hype.

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Posted: January 20 14, 10:59 am
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Omg. That throw.
http://fansided.com/2014/01/19/colin-ka ... -lead-gif/

The gif of the throw is in the link. Crazy.

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Posted: January 20 14, 11:43 am
by cardinalkarp
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Omg. That throw.
http://fansided.com/2014/01/19/colin-ka ... -lead-gif/

The gif of the throw is in the link. Crazy.
I already knew what throw you guys were talking about...that was a missile.

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Posted: January 20 14, 3:00 pm
by Radbird
Hate Sherman's rant? It's got nothing on Belichick's Welker accusation
Here's what Belichick said about the play, a pass over the middle in which Broncos receivers Demaryius Thomas and Welker ran crossing routes and Welker collided with Talib:

"The way that play turned out, I went back and watched it, which I didn't have a chance to [Sunday]," Belichick said Monday morning. "It was a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib. No attempt to get open. I'll let the league handle the discipline on that play, whatever they decide. It's one of the worst plays I've seen."

Welker is dirty. That's what Belichick is saying. Aqib Talib was knocked out of the game with a knee injury, presumably a serious one, and it happened because Wes Welker made a "deliberate play ... to take out Aqib."

That's what Belichick said, but he said more than that.

One of the worst plays I've seen.

Belichick finally turned magnanimous when he allowed that he will "let the league handle the discipline," which is ironic in that the league might have more to say about Bill Belichick than about Wes Welker. Can a coach brazenly accuse a player of another team of trying to hurt someone? We're about to find out, because the league saw the play. I saw it. You probably saw it too, and if not, here you go. Watch this:
Image
Watch Welker over and over. Watch him coming out of his break and head behind Thomas. It's called a pick play, and it happens all game long in the NFL. So do open-field collisions between receivers and defensive backs -- like the one a few minutes before Welker ran into Talib, when Patriots receiver Julian Edelman ran into Broncos defensive back Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, who had to leave the game but later returned.

But anyway, watch that play again. What I see: Welker comes out of his break, avoids Thomas by running behind him, and runs into Talib. Why? Because there was nowhere else to go.

Watch that, and then remember something: Wes Welker is 5-feet-9, 185 pounds. Aqib Talib is four inches taller (6-1) and 20 pounds heavier (205). Oh, and another thing about Welker: He suffered a concussion this season. Then he suffered another. After the second concussion Welker was sidelined for five weeks, and when he returned he was wearing an oversized helmet to protect his brain. When did he return?

One week ago.

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Posted: January 20 14, 3:11 pm
by cardsfansince82
Remember also that Welker learned that on Belichick's own team, that pioneered a lot of the quasi-legal quasi-dirty crap you see going on now. And now Bill wants to whine when the tables are turned.

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Posted: January 20 14, 3:42 pm
by Transmogrified Tiger
I don't know if that's maliciously dirty, but the author of whatever post is being quoted doesn't seem to be it's fair due either. Most of those plays look closer to picks in basketball, Welker lowers his shoulder and gives Talib a pretty good shot. The whole business about "he's coming out of his break, there's nowhere else to go" doesn't hold very true to me when the result was the exact plan of the play to begin with.

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Posted: January 20 14, 4:03 pm
by lukethedrifter
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:I don't know if that's maliciously dirty, but the author of whatever post is being quoted doesn't seem to be it's fair due either. Most of those plays look closer to picks in basketball, Welker lowers his shoulder and gives Talib a pretty good shot. The whole business about "he's coming out of his break, there's nowhere else to go" doesn't hold very true to me when the result was the exact plan of the play to begin with.

I don't know if he's laying into Talib or protecting himself. In either case it appears Welker took the worst of it. Or maybe he was trying to take out Talib from the get go. If so, it's still awfully hard to take that comment seriously from the coach of the NE Patriots.

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Posted: January 20 14, 4:15 pm
by cardsfansince82
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:I don't know if that's maliciously dirty, but the author of whatever post is being quoted doesn't seem to be it's fair due either. Most of those plays look closer to picks in basketball, Welker lowers his shoulder and gives Talib a pretty good shot. The whole business about "he's coming out of his break, there's nowhere else to go" doesn't hold very true to me when the result was the exact plan of the play to begin with.
It's certainly not totally innocent, I agree. That play is drawn up with Welker fully intended as a blocker instead of a legit receiving option. It's supposed to be the ball is clearly in the WR's hands before the block happens (which would be legal) but the timing is a little off. The throw is late because of the LB in the middle of the field causing the hit to happen simultaneously or even before the ball gets there making it look a lot worse. But the Patriots and every other team are running similar plays. I don't think they specifically wanted to hurt Talib like Belichick seems to suggest, just get him blocked.