The Video Game Thread
- cpebbles
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 8829
- Joined: August 30 07, 12:28 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Burnout 3 is the only Xbox game I've really bothered with for more than a few hours since I got my 360 almost 3 years ago. You should be able to get it really cheap and it's incredibly fun.
-
Michael
- GRB Founder
- Posts: 35303
- Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Pujols is a God wrote:Got a question, I want to buy a couple cheap original xbox games that are compatible from gamestop. What are some of the good games for the original xbox besides the Halo's?
Have you considered awesome cheap 360 games like crackdown, burnout paradise, etc?
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
heres gameplay footage of mlb 2k09, and its cards vs cubs
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/ ... ay-movie-3
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/ ... ay-movie-3
-
Michael
- GRB Founder
- Posts: 35303
- Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Jocephus wrote:heres gameplay footage of mlb 2k09, and its cards vs cubs
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/ ... ay-movie-3
It looks like the game hasn't changed too much. With a man on 2nd, pujols hits double off the wall (the OFer stands there like a statue), the LFer throws to 2nd, AP is safe. Next, a throw to the plate, the runner is out by 3 steps. Yep, same ole 2K.
You can see for yourself around 3:40.
edit - I guess the runner was holding at 2nd, but is still looks really unnatural.
- AdmiralKird
- MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD
- Posts: 10174
- Joined: March 7 07, 4:50 pm
- Location: Tycho Crater, Luna
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
hey its Skip Shoe 'maker'
You'd think after the past three iterations someone would get it right.
You'd think after the past three iterations someone would get it right.
- cardsfansince82
- is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
- Posts: 27776
- Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
- Location: at the gettin' place
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
I've been sorely disappointed with the last several years of baseball games and swore I'd never buy another one again without renting it first. The fact that I would be paying to hear repetitive announcer comments from the likes of Steve Phillips pretty much cements my stance.
And Michael is right. Ludwick should have scored easily on that play. It's ridiculous for him to get thrown with an outfield to second to home relay. And on the next play Pujols almost gets thrown out outfield to second to home. Why is it so [expletive] hard to make a decent baseball game?
And Michael is right. Ludwick should have scored easily on that play. It's ridiculous for him to get thrown with an outfield to second to home relay. And on the next play Pujols almost gets thrown out outfield to second to home. Why is it so [expletive] hard to make a decent baseball game?
- ghostrunner
- GOAT
- Posts: 30835
- Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
Isn't the player controlling the defense? You realize it's Soriano, right?Michael wrote:Jocephus wrote:heres gameplay footage of mlb 2k09, and its cards vs cubs
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/ ... ay-movie-3
It looks like the game hasn't changed too much. With a man on 2nd, pujols hits double off the wall (the OFer stands there like a statue)
Seriously, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the hats yet.
-
TimeForGuinness
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 20007
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
If anyone is a fan of RPG/strategy games...Valkyria Chronicles is one of the best I've played in awhile and has a great story to it as well. It isn't too long and isn't too short...but I'm really hope they come out with a sequel.
Great game for the PS3...I'll probably play through it again.
Great game for the PS3...I'll probably play through it again.
-
Michael
- GRB Founder
- Posts: 35303
- Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
I have Valkyria Chronicles, but haven't had a chance to play it yet.
- clevername
- Bringer of FRBG
- Posts: 10380
- Joined: April 16 06, 7:13 pm
- Location: Alabama
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
exclusivity. EA has exclusive rights to any 3rd party MLB baseball game (and NFL football, too, for that matter). There's no competition outside of The Show (which has usually been regarded as better, anyway) and it's only on the ps3, which is lagging behind the 360.cardsfansince82 wrote:I've been sorely disappointed with the last several years of baseball games and swore I'd never buy another one again without renting it first. The fact that I would be paying to hear repetitive announcer comments from the likes of Steve Phillips pretty much cements my stance.
And Michael is right. Ludwick should have scored easily on that play. It's ridiculous for him to get thrown with an outfield to second to home relay. And on the next play Pujols almost gets thrown out outfield to second to home. Why is it so [expletive] hard to make a decent baseball game?
So there's no incentive for EA to improve the game too much. If you want an MLB game on the 360 you're stuck with whatever they do and they're not going to put a ton of money or effort into improving the game each year because they know you have no alternative.
It's bad for video games.


