Page 458 of 528

Re: Random musings

Posted: March 11 20, 4:55 pm
by IMADreamer
Someone today asked me when I was going to get a grown up car. Never, I'm never getting a grown up car.

Re: Random musings

Posted: March 11 20, 5:45 pm
by Freed Roger
Man, the Sauget wind today is awful.

Re: Random musings

Posted: March 11 20, 10:47 pm
by Donnie Ebert
Freed Roger wrote: ↑
March 11 20, 5:45 pm
Man, the Sauget wind today is awful.
Sounds like a Bob Seger deep cut...Sauget Wind.

But you're right. It was gross.

Re: Random musings

Posted: March 11 20, 11:06 pm
by Freed Roger
Donnie Ebert wrote: ↑
March 11 20, 10:47 pm
Freed Roger wrote: ↑
March 11 20, 5:45 pm
Man, the Sauget wind today is awful.
Sounds like a Bob Seger deep cut...Sauget Wind.

But you're right. It was gross.
When I got out of work, I looked around the lot for a car burning oil or antifreeze. Then when I got on the highway, it seemed my contacts were [expletive] up, smog. But that burning smell remained.

News says it's from recycling plant fire on East Side.

Sauget Wind is Reference to Classic song by Uncle Tupelo.

Re: Random musings

Posted: March 12 20, 12:02 pm
by Donnie Ebert
Freed Roger wrote: ↑
March 11 20, 11:06 pm
Donnie Ebert wrote: ↑
March 11 20, 10:47 pm
Freed Roger wrote: ↑
March 11 20, 5:45 pm
Man, the Sauget wind today is awful.
Sounds like a Bob Seger deep cut...Sauget Wind.

But you're right. It was gross.
When I got out of work, I looked around the lot for a car burning oil or antifreeze. Then when I got on the highway, it seemed my contacts were [expletive] up, smog. But that burning smell remained.

News says it's from recycling plant fire on East Side.

Sauget Wind is Reference to Classic song by Uncle Tupelo.
I should've known that. In the age of streaming, my knowledge of song titles has dropped precipitously.

Re: Random musings

Posted: March 22 20, 4:13 pm
by Freed Roger
Vehicles are mostly driving slower on highways with sparse traffic. I found myself going like 60 when it was wide open to go 70 safely. .

Today there were 3 or 4 cars in a cluster together doing 55 blocking me

Re: Random musings

Posted: March 22 20, 4:27 pm
by Arthur Dent
Interesting. Here, there's way less traffic, but people seem to be driving more aggressively.

Re: Random musings

Posted: March 22 20, 7:36 pm
by Freed Roger
Arthur Dent wrote: ↑
March 22 20, 4:27 pm
Interesting. Here, there's way less traffic, but people seem to be driving more aggressively.
I've seen that too But these clusters of zombie cars plodding along are there, then the aggressive drivers are weaving thru mini-gauntlet.

It's weird, it's like we have all this space on the road and dont know what to do without the normal traffic flow to guide us

Re: Random musings

Posted: March 23 20, 8:57 am
by heyzeus
Donnie Ebert wrote: ↑
March 12 20, 12:02 pm
Freed Roger wrote: ↑
March 11 20, 11:06 pm
Donnie Ebert wrote: ↑
March 11 20, 10:47 pm
Freed Roger wrote: ↑
March 11 20, 5:45 pm
Man, the Sauget wind today is awful.
Sounds like a Bob Seger deep cut...Sauget Wind.

But you're right. It was gross.
When I got out of work, I looked around the lot for a car burning oil or antifreeze. Then when I got on the highway, it seemed my contacts were [expletive] up, smog. But that burning smell remained.

News says it's from recycling plant fire on East Side.

Sauget Wind is Reference to Classic song by Uncle Tupelo.
I should've known that. In the age of streaming, my knowledge of song titles has dropped precipitously.
Man I love Uncle Tupelo.

Re: Random musings

Posted: March 23 20, 10:08 am
by ghostrunner
What's the deal with the Farrows not acknowledging that Sinatra is Ronan Farrow's father?