See? They only made it 3/8 of the way to their goal. It's refreshing when the liberal media elite are smacked down.Jocephus wrote:Radbird wrote:/turns on Fox News to get the fair and balanced view of this (and the latest on Benghazi)
Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
- Radbird
- There's someone in my head but it's not me
- Posts: 62288
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
- Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
- pioneer98
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 22007
- Joined: July 15 08, 8:24 pm
- Location: High A Minors
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
House Republicans Are Quietly Giving In To Obamacare
Pretty slimy! Must be an election year. They'll be able to pass all these things making Obamacare better for their constituents, but then at the same time still posture that they hate it and want to repeal it. In other words, it will end up being like their stance on most other parts of the Federal government.A week and a half ago, when House Republican leaders realized that their own conservative members might align to defeat legislation protecting Medicare physicians from a big automatic pay cut, they took the unusual step of cutting them out of the tangle altogether.
While negotiations were ongoing, the Majority Leader, Eric Cantor, darted on to the House floor and, after brief consultation with Democratic leaders, cleared the Medicare "doc fix" by voice vote—a procedure that's typically reserved for fast tracking uncontroversial legislation. The yeahs and nays were not recorded. A bill that divided the GOP conference, and might very well have failed in front of God and everyone under the leadership's own rules, had passed the House before many Republicans even knew what Cantor was up to.
He and other Republican leaders have been busily making amends with conservative rank and file members ever since. Those members were understandably furious about the breach of protocol, but some were privately grateful that the bill had passed—even if they would have voted against it had Cantor not done a shady end run around them. Everyone wants to play the fiscally responsible part but nobody wants to answer to the doctors and the Medicare beneficiary when the bill fails, which helps explain the recent thaw.
- Mary1966
- President of the Ponson Fan Club
- Posts: 11289
- Joined: April 18 06, 10:56 pm
- Location: Tacoma, WA
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
If it becomes as entrenched as Medicare, the Republicans will live to regret calling it Obamacare. It will go down in history with Obama's name on it.
- IMADreamer
- Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
- Posts: 12891
- Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
- Location: Illinois
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
haha, I never thought of that, but it's awesome.Mary1966 wrote:If it becomes as entrenched as Medicare, the Republicans will live to regret calling it Obamacare. It will go down in history with Obama's name on it.
- wart57
- just can't quit you.
- Posts: 25075
- Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
- Location: Lost
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
I think it is the biggest crock of [expletive] ever to come out of Washington, but not for the reasons you guys probably think.
I don't think health care should be based on your bank account. This is the [expletive] 21st century. If you get sick, it should't bankrupt you.
Medical insurance and hospitals are a huge money making racket, and there should be sweeping changes made to the whole thing. But nobody in Washington has the balls to do what is ethically right, Universal health care for all.
I am still paying for my daughters broken elbow from a year and a half ago, and I gave pretty good insurance through my job, god forbid one of us gets a serious illness, I would lose my house.
I don't think health care should be based on your bank account. This is the [expletive] 21st century. If you get sick, it should't bankrupt you.
Medical insurance and hospitals are a huge money making racket, and there should be sweeping changes made to the whole thing. But nobody in Washington has the balls to do what is ethically right, Universal health care for all.
I am still paying for my daughters broken elbow from a year and a half ago, and I gave pretty good insurance through my job, god forbid one of us gets a serious illness, I would lose my house.
-
Socnorb11
- The Last Word
- Posts: 21906
- Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
I agree.......wart57 wrote:I think it is the biggest crock of [expletive] ever to come out of Washington, but not for the reasons you guys probably think.
I don't think health care should be based on your bank account. This is the [expletive] 21st century. If you get sick, it should't bankrupt you.
Medical insurance and hospitals are a huge money making racket, and there should be sweeping changes made to the whole thing. But nobody in Washington has the balls to do what is ethically right, Universal health care for all.
I am still paying for my daughters broken elbow from a year and a half ago, and I gave pretty good insurance through my job, god forbid one of us gets a serious illness, I would lose my house.
The transparency that Obamacare requires is a step in the right direction, with regards to reeling in the medical industry.
Also, as I mentioned previously, my insurance company is taking the medical industry to task (only agreeing to pay a fair amount for medical costs), and I suspect other insurance companies will follow.
Most insurance providers have a maximum out-of-pocket amount that you pay annually. Doesn't yours? It not, then it's not very good insurance.
- wart57
- just can't quit you.
- Posts: 25075
- Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
- Location: Lost
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
It does, but we are broke. 4 kids on 1 income.Socnorb11 wrote:I agree.......wart57 wrote:I think it is the biggest crock of [expletive] ever to come out of Washington, but not for the reasons you guys probably think.
I don't think health care should be based on your bank account. This is the [expletive] 21st century. If you get sick, it should't bankrupt you.
Medical insurance and hospitals are a huge money making racket, and there should be sweeping changes made to the whole thing. But nobody in Washington has the balls to do what is ethically right, Universal health care for all.
I am still paying for my daughters broken elbow from a year and a half ago, and I gave pretty good insurance through my job, god forbid one of us gets a serious illness, I would lose my house.
The transparency that Obamacare requires is a step in the right direction, with regards to reeling in the medical industry.
Also, as I mentioned previously, my insurance company is taking the medical industry to task (only agreeing to pay a fair amount for medical costs), and I suspect other insurance companies will follow.
Most insurance providers have a maximum out-of-pocket amount that you pay annually. Doesn't yours? It not, then it's not very good insurance.
- Radbird
- There's someone in my head but it's not me
- Posts: 62288
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
- Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
But what's the alternative? Turn to a socialist system where insurance companies, drug companies and doctors don't make a fortune? Sounds downright Unamerican.
- pioneer98
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 22007
- Joined: July 15 08, 8:24 pm
- Location: High A Minors
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
This is where this is heading in 10 years:
Old Tea Party Guy wrote:THE GOVMINT BETTER KEEP THEIR HANDS OFF MY OBAMACARE!
- wart57
- just can't quit you.
- Posts: 25075
- Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
- Location: Lost
Re: Affordable Care Act (AKA Obamacare)
Yep. I am sure there will be enough corruption in a socialist system all the rich folks will make more money.Radbird wrote:But what's the alternative? Turn to a socialist system where insurance companies, drug companies and doctors don't make a fortune? Sounds downright Unamerican.




