Page 48 of 52
Re: PRO wrestling thread
Posted: January 6 23, 1:43 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
I think the booger sugar is enough to give Tony life
Vince really just seems to be a stubborn dumdum. WWE actually has momentum now, and it's all going to screech to a halt. The rumor is Vince will only sell to a company that will let him keep creative control, presumably until the day he dies (and his mother lived to be 101, so watch out.)
At least one of these things is sure to happen if Vince gets his way:
1) The wrestlers who were getting pushes under HHH had better prepare to slide back down the mountain. Gunther brought back credibility to the Intercontinental Title and they'll give him some silly foreigner gimmick.
2) If it's for a sale, they'll try to look as lean as possible, which means another hefty round of cuts which always suck.
Re: PRO wrestling thread
Posted: January 6 23, 1:50 pm
by thrill
Yep. Just when AEW was looking weak, ratings were sliding, and wrestlers were trying to get back to WWE, this happens and AEW is once again the viable alternative employer. Couple that with a Mercedes Mone, and a few more names here and there, and we're back to 2021 conditions.
Re: PRO wrestling thread
Posted: January 6 23, 4:03 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
BTW, I’ve heard Ospreay vs Omega at Wrestle Kingdom whipped
Re: PRO wrestling thread
Posted: January 6 23, 6:06 pm
by thrill
MrCrowesGarden wrote: ↑January 6 23, 4:03 pm
BTW, I’ve heard Ospreay vs Omega at Wrestle Kingdom whipped
Yeah I might have to figure out njpw.
Re: PRO wrestling thread
Posted: January 9 23, 2:02 pm
by thrill
I watched the match. It was as good as advertised. Hit another gear after Kenny got kicked in the face, pretzeled upside down in the ropes. I love that setup when Ospreay does it. Looks incredibly unpleasant.
Minor quibbles from someone who grew up watching american wrestling that I know are cliché American wrestling fan critiques: the crowds don't add as much as American crowds and the constant v trigger and hidden blades early in the match devalue those moves as finishers.
Re: PRO wrestling thread
Posted: January 10 23, 5:33 pm
by thrill
hahahahahahahahahahaha
I need a Ryan Murphy miniseries about WWE so bad. Or an Adam McKay HBO series. Both.
Re: PRO wrestling thread
Posted: January 11 23, 6:25 am
by MrCrowesGarden
Oh it got worse, the hot goss is they’re selling to Saudi investors.
Re: PRO wrestling thread
Posted: January 11 23, 7:45 am
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
MrCrowesGarden wrote: ↑January 11 23, 6:25 am
Oh it got worse, the hot goss is they’re selling to Saudi investors.
Not sure what that entails but based solely what has happened with LIV golf, this isn't bad news for wrestling fans necessarily, right?
Get rid of Vince and all the stench around him. Presumably they'll dump money into the business and hopefully it results in a better product/talent?
Re: PRO wrestling thread
Posted: January 11 23, 7:50 am
by MrCrowesGarden
Well, putting aside the ethical dilemmas, and I know that’s ironic since we’re talking about WWE here, the rumor is Vince still wanted to be in control of creative and would only sell to someone under that stipulation.
There’s also the issue that Saudi is obsessed with wrestlers of the past. Some of the worst matches I can recall happened on Saudi PPVs
Re: PRO wrestling thread
Posted: January 11 23, 8:35 am
by thrill
There are "rumors" that some on the roster will walk if they sell to the Saudis, which is a little sus to me, because there is no difference in the mentality of Vince and MBS, only the power they wield. I'm also dubious that anyone will walk because the Saudis will do what they did with LIV and throw an absurd amount of money at them, and it is way easier to float rumors that you'll walk than it is to actually walk. It also puts Tony Khan in an incredibly advantageous negotiating position.