Page 481 of 528
Re: Random musings
Posted: October 6 21, 2:47 pm
by thrill
mikechamp wrote: ↑October 6 21, 2:46 pm
Jocephus wrote: ↑October 6 21, 2:25 pm
do TV's still come with picture in picture? seems like we got a new TV in late 90s or so and i thought it was so cool.
I don't know, but I do know I miss that feature. My TVs either don't have it, or I don't know how to use it.
I think the way cable and streaming operate now, maybe it's not technically feasible to do? (Though I don't know why that would be the case.)
I know ESPN+ has it because I've accidentally activated it a couple of times and it royally screws the app up to the point where sound from one will still play after you close it until I reboot my apple TV.
Re: Random musings
Posted: October 7 21, 12:40 pm
by ghostrunner
Xboxes used to have it and I miss it.
Re: Random musings
Posted: October 11 21, 4:16 pm
by IMADreamer
I had a random guy with a Tesla come up to me today and say "I bet my car is faster than yours." I just said "ok...cool?" and turned away. Weird times we live in. We are adults at a farm store, no one gives a [expletive] whose car is faster.
Re: Random musings
Posted: October 12 21, 8:46 am
by heyzeus
Eighth is such a weird word. That really doesn't seem like it's spelled right. What words have an 'hth" combo of letters? Someone should fix that. It should just be eigth or something. Ayth. I dunno, the president should fix this.
Re: Random musings
Posted: October 12 21, 8:58 am
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
heyzeus wrote: ↑October 12 21, 8:46 am
Eighth is such a weird word. That really doesn't seem like it's spelled right. What words have an 'hth" combo of letters? Someone should fix that. It should just be eigth or something. Ayth. I dunno, the president should fix this.
ateth
Re: Random musings
Posted: October 12 21, 11:01 am
by CardsofSTL
heyzeus wrote: ↑October 12 21, 8:46 am
Eighth is such a weird word. That really doesn't seem like it's spelled right. What words have an 'hth" combo of letters? Someone should fix that. It should just be eigth or something. Ayth. I dunno, the president should fix this.
8th
Re: Random musings
Posted: October 12 21, 12:58 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
Eighty-eighth
Re: Random musings
Posted: October 12 21, 1:01 pm
by Jocephus
In the 1990 Dick Tracy feature film, 88 Keyes was portrayed by Mandy Patinkin
Re: Random musings
Posted: October 14 21, 10:16 am
by IMADreamer
Some farm ground near us just sold for 25,000 an acre. To put that in perspective, lets say you have a massively good year farming, everything goes right, and prices are good you might clear 200 dollars an acre in profit. That means it will take 125 years for that ground to break even. We are at peak insanity.
Re: Random musings
Posted: October 14 21, 11:26 am
by GeddyWrox
IMADreamer wrote: ↑October 14 21, 10:16 am
Some farm ground near us just sold for 25,000 an acre. To put that in perspective, lets say you have a massively good year farming, everything goes right, and prices are good you might clear 200 dollars an acre in profit. That means it will take 125 years for that ground to break even. We are at peak insanity.
This hurts my head.