Page 50 of 347

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: March 3 09, 10:45 pm
by Michael
I picked up The Show. It's pretty darn good.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: March 3 09, 10:49 pm
by cardsfansince82
Michael wrote:I picked up The Show. It's pretty darn good.
I was at Blockbuster today and sort of contemplating renting 2K9. I picked up the box for The Show and just from the box I wished I could trade my 360 for a PS3.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: March 3 09, 10:53 pm
by Michael
The whole game just feels better. Not once did I see anything that was unrealistic.

The only real problem is the color commentary. It's awful even by video game standards.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: March 4 09, 12:02 am
by JS04
Glad I stumbled on this thread..

I picked up 2K9 today as well, and have played 3 games now..

Does anyone else have a problem where sometimes when a grounder is hit and your fielder throws it to first, the first baseman isn't on the bag? I'm not making bad throws, they're right on the money, yet the 1B isn't on the bag and the runner is called safe...

It's extremely frustrating and I'm wondering if it's a bug or its something I'm doing wrong, but it's happened once or twice a game so far. Maybe it's just a slider issue or something, I dunno...anyone else have this problem?

Otherwise so far I've been happy with it....how is the online game play? 2k8 was awful for online, and my live subscription just expired, so I don't want to renew it if 2k9 is the same way as 08 was..

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: March 4 09, 12:03 am
by Michael
Pujols is a God wrote:Need some help, I bought Knights of the Old Republic to play on 360. I downloaded the update when i first put the game in. Then when it gets to the Lucas Arts screen it freezes. I thought it might be the game so I took it back and got another one and it freezes at the same point. Does anyone know how to fix this.

Sorry, I googled this but I didn't find anything.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: March 4 09, 8:24 am
by ghostrunner
Michael wrote:
Pujols is a God wrote:Need some help, I bought Knights of the Old Republic to play on 360. I downloaded the update when i first put the game in. Then when it gets to the Lucas Arts screen it freezes. I thought it might be the game so I took it back and got another one and it freezes at the same point. Does anyone know how to fix this.

Sorry, I googled this but I didn't find anything.
I did too, and found a lot of unhappy people. Though everyone seems to have different issues. The consensus is that it doesn't work very well.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: March 4 09, 8:28 am
by Jocephus
im still "pissed" that i lost my first online game last night because of perez's slider....i could never be a closer

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: March 4 09, 3:24 pm
by Michael
Michael wrote:Rumor has it MS is going to lower the price of live, and that's why there's been so many gold deals floating around.

They lowered the price to 39.99 today.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: March 4 09, 7:36 pm
by clevername
this isn't xbox related, but since this seems to be the video game catch all...Killzone 2 for the ps3. This should really go in rants.

The game looks beautiful.

How do you spend all this time crafting this game and hyping it to no end and implement absolutely [expletive] [expletive] controls?

It's a first person shooter! The controls are the most important thing about the game! It can be as good looking as possible and no one will be able to play it if they can't freaking aim and shoot.

Such a disappointment, though I should have expected no less. The first game had bad controls. I just thought they would have addressed that, you know, with all that time.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: March 4 09, 7:41 pm
by Michael
My KZ2 copy is in the mail.

I read the controls are controversial. Unlike games like CoD4, it's less arcade style with a real sense of weight and motion. Some people like it, others hate it. You might want to stick with it, and see if you get used to it.