Page 6 of 9

Posted: April 25 07, 7:40 pm
by cabby7588
Living my whole life as a Cards, Colts, Blues, and Pacers fan...I've learned that as enjoyable as it is day-in and day-out, you play these games for one reason...To win a championship. I'll trade in 162 days of missery for one day of hoisting a trophy. I can see why some people would think differently, but this is the only way I see it.

Posted: April 25 07, 8:59 pm
by fanforever
I believe the Marlins have the right idea in this age of baseball. Win the World Series, Then get rid of all but 5 of your top notch players and rebuild the rest of the team and replenish your farm system.

The goal is field a competitive team and to win the World Series. Can't ask for anything more

Posted: April 25 07, 9:02 pm
by stlmark
That's a tough question. I would have to go for the WS win followed by years of losing.

Posted: April 25 07, 9:09 pm
by Magneto
Ask Bills fans.

Posted: April 25 07, 11:26 pm
by Michael
Winning the WS has clearly changed some views on here. Was it because it took the pressure off or was winning the title a let down?

Posted: April 26 07, 6:45 am
by Radio_Bugtussle
I'd rather be in the race every year.

The current post season format is a complete crapshoot. Get into post season often enough and you'll get some World Series trophies.

Posted: April 26 07, 6:49 am
by Radio_Bugtussle
stlmark wrote:That's a tough question. I would have to go for the WS win followed by years of losing.
Talking to some Royals fans might help you. They've been there on that one.

Posted: April 26 07, 7:27 am
by omaha_red
Michael wrote:Winning the WS has clearly changed some views on here. Was it because it took the pressure off or was winning the title a let down?
i don't get it.. why in the world would winning the title EVER be a let down?
i honestly don't get it..

Posted: April 26 07, 8:05 am
by jim
omaha_red wrote:
Michael wrote:Winning the WS has clearly changed some views on here. Was it because it took the pressure off or was winning the title a let down?
i don't get it.. why in the world would winning the title EVER be a let down?
i honestly don't get it..
Just speaking for myself, but winning the title was very enjoyable - for about a week. At that point it was behind me, and another season on the horizon. I don't even think about it, it's a new season and a new set of problems. I felt pretty much the same way 10 days after winning it all as I did 10 days after the season ended in 2005, and 2004, and 2003, and 2002, ...

Posted: April 26 07, 8:10 am
by longhornbaseball
jim wrote:I felt pretty much the same way 10 days after winning it all as I did 10 days after the season ended in 2005, and 2004, and 2003, and 2002, ...
As did I, but that week was probably the best one of my life so far and I have memories from it that I will cherish forever. Can't say that about those other seasons.